Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Slipstreaming VIA SerialATA Drivers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

GDragoN

GDragoN

Junior

• Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Joined 24-September 04
Hi,

Here is a way slipstream VIA SerialATA drivers easy into WinXP I386 folder. Download attached file, add few lines from Info.txt and copy sys_ files in I386 folder, and that is that.

Millan

Attached Files

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Bâshrat the Sneaky

aka Wim Leers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts
  • Joined 29-October 03
These drivers are already supported by my DriverPack MassStorage! ;)

muiz

muiz

SPECIAL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Joined 03-August 03
THX GDRAGON

finaly 1 for via that works ;) :thumbup

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Bâshrat the Sneaky

aka Wim Leers

• 2,214 posts
  • Joined 29-October 03

THX GDRAGON

finaly 1 for via that works  ;)  :thumbup

My DriverPack MassStorage didn't work for you? :o

Didn't know VIA sata driver didn't work...

GDragoN

GDragoN

Junior

• Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Joined 24-September 04
Hi,

Well driver pack works OK. But if you need to install windows on SATA drive it won't be recognized by the installer. Try it on a VIA motherboard and you will see it. Drive will work after install, but you can't install on it if you use only your driver pack. I have MSI KT600 Delta motherboard and this is the ONLY trully working way for installing windows on SATA drive.

You need to let windows know where are the drivers during the presetup phase. This is the only way, you slipstream drivers in the windows. This goes for every other SATA drivers. They need to be slipstreamed into installer and I386 folder.

Bâshrat, you could try to make similar thing for every other common SATA driver, so the people can install on SATA drive.

Millan

mickmack

mickmack

Anrial

• PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 02-June 04

Hi,

Well driver pack works OK. But if you need to install windows on SATA drive it won't be recognized by the installer. Try it on a VIA motherboard and you will see it. Drive will work after install, but you can't install on it if you use only your driver pack. I have MSI KT600 Delta motherboard and this is the ONLY trully working way for installing windows on SATA drive.

You need to let windows know where are the drivers during the presetup phase. This is the only way, you slipstream drivers in the windows. This goes for every other SATA drivers. They need to be slipstreamed into installer and I386 folder.

Bâshrat, you could try to make similar thing for every other common SATA driver, so the people can install on SATA drive.

Millan

Actually i tested Bâshrat's driver pack & it works on every sata controller i tested with any sata drive. in his driverpack base there's batch file which compresses and renames .sys files and adds text to txtsetup.sif to support text mode sata controller support. tested with sil 3112, 3114, via, highpoint 374 and some more.

muiz

muiz

SPECIAL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Joined 03-August 03
No it didnt but gdragons way did
only thing i had to change was instead of viasraid reneme into viamraid

thx again :thumbup

orangebrand

orangebrand
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 17-March 05
sorry for bringing this topic back from the grave, but I had to thank gdragon

THANK YOU gdragon.

after many attempts on trying to integrate VIA drivers to XP, your method was simple, easy and flawless. thanks again

jockfair

jockfair
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 09-March 05
So nothing goes into the $OEM$ folder?
one more thing i noticed only sy_ files does the .sys file go anywhere?
I am new to this so excuse me

shaked

shaked
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 06-March 05
Thank you very much great : ).
It is a worked

Astalavista

Astalavista

MSFN loyalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Joined 02-December 03
I was looking for this the whole day!

great work

celo

celo
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 24-March 05
First post sorry but I wish the instructions were little better. What does add few lines mean? What to add, where to add? Sorry again but I am also new to slipstream with drivers. I hope someone can clarify it.

Astalavista

Astalavista

MSFN loyalist

• 3,338 posts
  • Joined 02-December 03
ok newbie

instructions

extract the files attached on the first post to your i386 folder.

then

search for your TXTSETUP.SIF u do know how to use the windows search feature right?

use notepad to open TXTSETUP.SIF

insert the code in the correct area.

that simple no real brains required.

if u still dont understand.

google for instructions.

arry

arry

• 35 posts
  • Joined 06-May 04
Please read this post:

Via Serial Ata - Vt8237 - Etc

Stuvspec

Stuvspec
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 28-April 05
Having just come up against this problem myself and trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible please bear with me. I take it from GDragons instructions you only have to add the text lines and add his 2 files to the 1386 folder then thats it? Do you need to use CDIMAGE or can you then jus burn using say Nero? I also take it that this negates the need to press F6 when it asks if you need to install additional drivers? Does anyone actually know why this situation occurs. First time i installed XP on my Raptor drive I had no problems but this time I need to go through all this!!!

Cheers

Stewart

Astalavista

Astalavista

MSFN loyalist

• 3,338 posts
  • Joined 02-December 03
just follow the instructions

then use nero to burn

but u need the bootable image file

and adjust the settings of nero for bootable xp

alfa 156

alfa 156
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 06-May 05

Hi,

Here is a way slipstream VIA SerialATA drivers easy into WinXP I386 folder. Download attached file, add few lines from Info.txt and copy sys_ files in I386 folder, and that is that.

Millan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

any updates on these drivers? Is this from Asus or VIA? is there anyway to do this automatically?

Thank you

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Bâshrat the Sneaky

aka Wim Leers

• 2,214 posts
  • Joined 29-October 03
If you want it to be done automatically, use my DriverPack MassStorage + the DriverPacks BASE. But please wait for V5.05.1 of the DriverPacks BASE!! The current one gives trouble... Though it works (nearly) fine with DP MassStorage only, only the cleanup doesn't work.

kara2002

kara2002
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 14-May 05

Hi,

Millan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Milan,

Just wanted to say a big thanks. I finally got my XP on my SATA drive after following your instructions. I was trying for over 20 hours and XP install was failing until I came across this excellent website and found your thread.

Initially I couldn't get it to work. I got it to work by removing all the viaide references in the txtsetup.pif and then adding your changes.

I also had to slow down my Mushkin memory from 2-2-2 to 2-3-3 and then everything was flying!

Thanks again.
Kara

ps Greets to Bâshrat and all the geeks on MSFN. Keep up the good work :)

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Bâshrat the Sneaky

aka Wim Leers

• 2,214 posts
  • Joined 29-October 03
Well, if my DriverPacks didn't work for you, that means that your HWID has a different SUBSYS ID then the other VIA VT8237 controllers on ASUS boards. PLEASE post your HWID!

You can obtain it with Everest Home Edition. If you need more info, do a quick search with this board's search engine or with google ;)

str\ctly

str\ctly
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 17-June 05
thanks gdragon

I cant believe that worked

WOW!!! :thumbup

nemodx

nemodx
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 13-March 05
Oke, I think im way too late here, but I try what is suggested in the first post. But I get an error that it cant copy the .sys files and an .inf file in the very beginning of copying the files.

Now it recognized my disk, so thats not a problem.

Is there something that I need more than just the .sy_ files?

Thanks a lot otherwise! Atleast it put me ONE step ahead of what I was before :)

:thumbup

orangebrand

orangebrand
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 17-March 05
when I made a unattended cd two months ago I think, I was able to install the drivers from the nlite program method and it worked. try it that way.

fursink

fursink
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06
Fantastic GDRAGON, works like a charm :thumbup

crimsondesigns

crimsondesigns
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 05-January 07
sorry to be a pain but I cannot find the tutorial posted in this thread. there is no file to download. I have searched everywhere and it points me here but to no avail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users