Slipstreaming VIA SerialATA Drivers

GDragoN

Hi,

Well driver pack works OK. But if you need to install windows on SATA drive it won't be recognized by the installer. Try it on a VIA motherboard and you will see it. Drive will work after install, but you can't install on it if you use only your driver pack. I have MSI KT600 Delta motherboard and this is the ONLY trully working way for installing windows on SATA drive.

You need to let windows know where are the drivers during the presetup phase. This is the only way, you slipstream drivers in the windows. This goes for every other SATA drivers. They need to be slipstreamed into installer and I386 folder.

Bâshrat, you could try to make similar thing for every other common SATA driver, so the people can install on SATA drive.

Millan

Hi,

Well driver pack works OK. But if you need to install windows on SATA drive it won't be recognized by the installer. Try it on a VIA motherboard and you will see it. Drive will work after install, but you can't install on it if you use only your driver pack. I have MSI KT600 Delta motherboard and this is the ONLY trully working way for installing windows on SATA drive.

You need to let windows know where are the drivers during the presetup phase. This is the only way, you slipstream drivers in the windows. This goes for every other SATA drivers. They need to be slipstreamed into installer and I386 folder.

Bâshrat, you could try to make similar thing for every other common SATA driver, so the people can install on SATA drive.

Millan

Actually i tested Bâshrat's driver pack & it works on every sata controller i tested with any sata drive. in his driverpack base there's batch file which compresses and renames .sys files and adds text to txtsetup.sif to support text mode sata controller support. tested with sil 3112, 3114, via, highpoint 374 and some more.

• 2 months later...

First post sorry but I wish the instructions were little better. What does add few lines mean? What to add, where to add? Sorry again but I am also new to slipstream with drivers. I hope someone can clarify it.

ok newbie

instructions

extract the files attached on the first post to your i386 folder.

then

search for your TXTSETUP.SIF u do know how to use the windows search feature right?

use notepad to open TXTSETUP.SIF

insert the code in the correct area.

that simple no real brains required.

if u still dont understand.

google for instructions.

• 1 month later...

Having just come up against this problem myself and trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible please bear with me. I take it from GDragons instructions you only have to add the text lines and add his 2 files to the 1386 folder then thats it? Do you need to use CDIMAGE or can you then jus burn using say Nero? I also take it that this negates the need to press F6 when it asks if you need to install additional drivers? Does anyone actually know why this situation occurs. First time i installed XP on my Raptor drive I had no problems but this time I need to go through all this!!!

Cheers

Stewart