Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Slipstreaming VIA SerialATA Drivers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

ztk

ztk
  • 1 posts
There is NO file to download in the first post, no link no nothing, does anyone have any idea where can i find the file to download ?

thanks.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

CM4fan

CM4fan
  • 1 posts
Tried everything just like u said on this thread, but it just doesn't work...

U say to paste what's in info.txt in the correct area.. What u mean with "correct area"? Tried several times... Bahh! :(

zannad

zannad
  • 3 posts
I've managed to get my Sata 8237 driver installed without changing any "sif" files.
To be more precise the file in question is VIAMRAID.SYS and related INF and TXTMODE files:

1) I've created a $OEM$/$1/sata/ directory tree inside the source folder
2) copied the contents of the sata diskette (or the DRVDSK from the hypherion540 folder from Viaarena) in the sata folder (see point 1)
3) copied the VIAMRAID.SYS into the I386 directory
4) Once in nLite, when in the Drivers panel, I've selected the driver (in Txtmode)

All done!
found the info browsing the net and got not a clue how it works but who cares... :whistle:
No need to press any F6 key anymore. :yes:

By the way, what are these viasraid.sy_ and viapdsk.sy_ for?
The post is a couple of years old, I guess those drivers have been replaced by VIAMRAID.SYS by now. Or I am missing something? :huh:

How many drivers are required by the Via8237 chipset?
There are other INF files relative to VIAAGP, VIAMACH, and VIAUSB but they aren't installed even by a proper install from windows...apparently Hypherion itself choose not to install them because they aren't required or because those provided by windows are newer (e.g. agp).

My knowledge is very approximate...I'd like to know a bit more.
any reply appreciated.

nezzeo

nezzeo
  • 1 posts
Just did it as described in first post, worked great for me. Painless!!!! Thanks man :D

thura

thura
  • 1 posts
Can anyone here help me clean install xp home on my alienware m5790 notebook? Before i bought my computer i told aw that if vista is not compatible with my software i would have to dual boot with xp. after purchasing the machine and three years of technical support i was told that aw will not support partitioning or xp installation. They told me that i could download the drivers from their website. These are drivers you install after the os has been installed. I can provide u with all the information u need. I will also pay the person 50 bucks if they can get it to work.

Edited by thura, 12 March 2007 - 11:38 PM.

atrembla

atrembla
  • 3 posts
:rolleyes: New Member here, Thanks to GDragon :-) the unattended install works without using the F6 key. I have tried every possible way to make this work, followed the service pack for xp pro, and MS website instructions, numerous posts here on MSFN and continued until I succeded. Now the question lies within me, how is it that this works, and yet the other ways fail? Thanks to all here who post with questions, trials and success, it helps with new people like me.,

Edited by atrembla, 30 May 2007 - 12:21 AM.

nilupa

nilupa
  • 1 posts
i done every thing but i can't install windows 2003 server in hp dx2700. any one 4 help

zgorzelec

zgorzelec
  • 1 posts
nLite is the best. I'm not a programmer so the tips from the first post was not understandable for me. With nLite it's so much easier...

Enyway, I must say without your forum and this topic I wouldn't be able to fix my problem :)

Thanks to all of you :)

djSolidBase

djSolidBase
  • 2 posts
im confused

the TXTSETUP.sif file has 5 instances of

[SourceDisksFiles]

which one do i copy it to?

im trying to integrate it into xp mce

please help

Edited by djSolidBase, 25 October 2007 - 12:00 PM.

sanar_farid

sanar_farid
  • 1 posts
I want to say thanks for all the people who said something was useful for me.

booma

booma
  • 1 posts
Many many many thanks to GDRAGON.

Followed instructions as listed and worked no problem!

This is for a Soyo KT600 Dragon Plus (via kt600 chipset). Sata driver = Silicon Image 3112.
Nope, no names needed to be changed to match sil3112, just followed the instructions.

I am very happy :D.

adamreds33

adamreds33
  • 1 posts
hello im new to this and iam having the same problem of trying to put my xp pro on my hp laptop that came with vista, i did that "SlipViaSata" that was the first post and i put the new code as the last in the category that it was suppose to be in so i hope that was right but when i booted from that, my laptop still says that i don't have a hard drive can someone please help me with this or point me in the right direction. is there a program or something that i can use to completely erase my hard drives so i can come back and install xp?

jroub

jroub
  • 1 posts
Greetings

I tried creating a bootable cd and after a few seconds I get the error
"INF error TXTSETUP.SIF is missing or corupt".
I used Nlite to create the image and the data in each section of the file
is correct.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks and best regards!

saher611

saher611
  • 1 posts
hi all

I followed the instructions but I am confused because I found 4 TXTSETUP.SIF files!!!
please can you tell me which one to edit !!???

thank you

bazyx

bazyx
  • 1 posts
Ive spent weeks trying to get a working raid 0 boot (no floppy and I'm not the most computer savvy person you will ever meet but god ****, this was so effing easy I didn't even use anything in winlite. I had a Windows xp pro corp copy I just recently got from newsgroups, put sp3(most recent release) on it. The service pack was downloaded separately.

Anyways, it was 2 raptors trying to boot from a raid 0, and for some reason beforehand I couldnt get working for the life of me because of random stuff like not having a floppy drive or when i went out to buy a floppy drive it would just sit there unable to read any disk in it. The board was an Ecs PT890T-A v1.0 8237 south controller. Just did what he said in the 1st post, and I simply just added viamraid.sys in the i386 folder as an addition just incase, I loaded the oem text setup as THE only driver I in winlite. I was trying to do this for weeks before hand though just trying to teach myself (through more trial and error than research obviously =p) but ya Millan aka Gdragon you made this alot easier than everyone else was making it out to be, and Thank You very much for the post, even though it was like a few years ago, it still works with sp3 =p

CR1M1N4L

CR1M1N4L
  • 2 posts
Does it works on Vista?

ryoga

ryoga
  • 4 posts
Big thanks! it works for me too

good job

:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

fitneci

fitneci
  • 2 posts
After i did this, i had a problem

http://www.msfn.org/...rs-t114724.html

What advise will you give me?

BanzaiBud1975

BanzaiBud1975
  • 1 posts
hmm feeling a little stupid here.. but.. could someone explain again how to get the sata drivers slipstreamed.. or what ever way to get this bloody laptop installed with XP!!..

its an Asus fs3g notebook.. and has the Mobile IntelĀ® PM965 Express Chipset +ICH8M.. i have nlite and ive also slipstreamed sp2 into my copy.. just lost as to how to get the sata drivers into it ....

again any tips are good tips.. no matter how stupid the question sounds ;P

much appreciated :D

maximilliano

maximilliano
  • 1 posts

Please read this post:

Via Serial Ata - Vt8237 - Etc

gracias por to

noddy

noddy
  • 4 posts
HI ALL

I am rather new to this site

I have a ASUS AV8 which I am having problems with I bought a New XP Pro with SP2 on it in the hope to resolve not seeing the 1 TB WD GREEN HDD

As it happens I have pulling off the Drivers put on to a floppy as it only wants to see a "A DRIVE" to get to see the full 1TB but then when I have done the F6 for RAID drivers etc it does it's bit then I see the drive continue then I get VIASRAID.SYS could not be copied. SHOUT! so then I googled to find to slipstreaming it all

I copied the XP on to drive

I then copied the viapdsk.sy_ & viasraid.sy_ to the I386 folder

I edited the TXTSETUP.SIF accordingly

Now is that all I need to do or are the other drivers required?
Also how hard is it to add SP3 to the disc ? So that's all done. :thumbup

Any other advise welcome little disappointed that the NEW Disc did not see it.

Many thanks Noddy

kevin8402

kevin8402
  • 1 posts

Hi,

Here is a way slipstream VIA SerialATA drivers easy into WinXP I386 folder. Download attached file, add few lines from Info.txt and copy sys_ files in I386 folder, and that is that.

Millan

Someone give this man an award. This was my third try to slipstream drivers to an XP install disk and it worked. Much much thanks, GDragon.

Edit: For anyone out there doing research, I used these drivers to successfully get Windows XP to find a SATA drive on a Soyo Dragon Plus KT600 v2 motherboard (which uses the VIA KT600 chipset).

Edited by kevin8402, 10 September 2009 - 01:50 PM.

faizali1

faizali1
  • 1 posts
omg thank you GDragon
i wasted about 4 disc so far tryin to get this driver to work . one try your way an worked instantly . thank you so much.
also i was using the same VIA kt600 chipset on an Epox board (cant get any dls to dl off there site thou)

Edited by faizali1, 08 October 2009 - 04:08 PM.

waleedst

waleedst
  • 1 posts
hi

can u get me sata driv for dell server

for win2003 server 64

jmnew51

jmnew51
  • 3 posts
Well I copied all the code just the way gdragon said and now when I put the startup disc that I burned it starts copying the drivers files, then it goes to "Starting Windows" then I get the BSOD that says "Unmountable Drive" with the following code ***STOP: 0x000000ED,(0x889AB030, 0xC0000304,0x00000000, 0x00000000).
What am I doing wrong?
Somebody please help me. I've been wrestling with trying to get the drivers recognized at setup so I can install the VIA Raid drivers necessary to install windows on my SATA drives.
Thanx
Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN