• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Astalavista

nLite, hate it or love it?

How do u Feel about Nlite   181 members have voted

1. 1. How do u Feel about Nlite

• I love Nlite I want to name my First Born Nlite
    • I hate it., but i hv tried it.
    • Neutral, as it isn't of use to me

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 posts in this topic

What's there not to love in nLite? It has made my life much easier. As for the future, I will be looking for a proper 7 customizer for driver and hotfix integration only; my guess is with today's storage options (HDD, SSD etc.) there's no need of slimming down.

I work in the enterprise, therefore I can't use it. :whistle:

I don't "hate" it, but I dislike it. I'm not actually neutral, but I thought hate was too strong.

I don't like it because when I used it to integrate only SP2 and a small number of patches -- as well as get rid of a lot of unwanted junk (Outlook Express, Microsoft Office, games, IIS, and more) -- the end product was too big to fit on a CD!

It would be better if it actually deleted from your source tree the files you don't want to install.

So I put the project on the back shelf until I had time to learn the manual (MSFN) way.