Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

nLite, hate it or love it?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Poll: How do u Feel about Nlite (180 member(s) have cast votes)

How do u Feel about Nlite

1. I love Nlite I want to name my First Born Nlite (110 votes [64.33%])

Percentage of vote: 64.33%

2. I hate it., but i hv tried it. (26 votes [15.20%])

Percentage of vote: 15.20%

3. Neutral, as it isn't of use to me (35 votes [20.47%])

Percentage of vote: 20.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

rnielsen151

rnielsen151

• 38 posts
need to add option - Like parts of it...but no Engagemnet ring instore fo nLite.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

robchurch

robchurch

• 14 posts
Love it, of course.

trickytwista

trickytwista

Nlite user n lovin' it

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
s**t we be lost without nlite......game on nuhi :thumbup

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & vLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,337 posts
nLite rules! /objective as one can be

angadsingh007, I know of the winnt.exe issues, but not with the winnt32.exe method if that is what you were referring to. Anyway you can contact me on PM or post a topic on the nLite forum. But since you want a detailed report and essentially more control it is obvious that you want to do things manually. Nothing bad with that of course.

Edited by nuhi, 08 May 2008 - 04:46 PM.

http://www.nliteos.com | http://www.vlite.net
Remove components and customize Windows

puntoMX

puntoMX

n00b of Masters and Vice Versa

• Super Moderator
  • 4,845 posts
:hello:

This you are telling 3 (THREE!) years later to that guy? :)

nLite rulez! VIVA nLITE!

(objective? Is my name still in the "thank you list"? :P)

Maleko

Maleko

Gold Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
lol punto!

have to love nlite! absolutely brilliant software, has to be the number 1 software to must have!
Posted Image

anonymous_user

anonymous_user

͏͏͏

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
Posted Image

But anyways...nLite RULES!!!11!!1

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & vLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,337 posts
lol I didn't even check the dates, oh boy...
http://www.nliteos.com | http://www.vlite.net
Remove components and customize Windows

Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder

• PipPip
  • 117 posts
nLite FTW!

Edited by Fox Mulder, 09 May 2008 - 03:00 PM.

Posted Image

GrofLuigi

GrofLuigi

GroupPolicy Tattoo Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
I love nLite, I hate Windows because it plays dirty with intermingled components. :)

GL

roirraWedorehT

roirraWedorehT

The Keeper of a lot of Useless Knowledge

• PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Blame trickytwista; he's the one who added a new reply to this three year old post. j/k trickytwista ;)

efrain

efrain

Beta Tester?

• Pip
  • 81 posts

:lol: :lol: :lol:

nLite is the best freeware utilities!

nLite rules!!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chris122990

Chris122990
  • 4 posts
I love it! I think it's just about the most useful tool in existence for a system builder such as myself. The only thing I would want to add is an option to insert your own custom OEM information, instead of just what nLite will put in there.

trickytwista

trickytwista

Nlite user n lovin' it

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Blame trickytwista; he's the one who added a new reply to this three year old post. j/k trickytwista ;)

lol yea bud i hear ya..dunno how i even came across the post in the 1st place to be honest...but yea guys blame me my bad lmao

roirraWedorehT

roirraWedorehT

• PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

lol yea bud i hear ya..dunno how i even came across the post in the 1st place to be honest...but yea guys blame me my bad lmao

:thumbup

exBBoi

exBBoi

• 16 posts
nLite rocks so as vLite ;) love them keep on great work nuhi

btw: greets fly also to Boooggy and n7Epsilon for WMP11 Slipstreamer ;)

Klybalur

Klybalur
  • 9 posts
nLite is a really useful tool allowing to integrate drivers and remove all the bloat from XP. Too bad it depends on .NET so you can only use it inside a virtual machine :-/

roirraWedorehT

roirraWedorehT

• PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

nLite is a really useful tool allowing to integrate drivers and remove all the bloat from XP. Too bad it depends on .NET so you can only use it inside a virtual machine :-/

What do you mean "can only use it inside a virtual machine"? Or do you mean that's how you use it since you prefer not to install .NET? I don't like .NET either but a few of my favorite tools and ATI's video driver user interface use it so I install the ones that are necessary which are usually only .NET 2.0 these days for me.

komsboy_more

komsboy_more

• 16 posts
i think that it's good program ...because it make the boring work easssssssyyyyyyyyy :D

but yet have many bugs

FAT64

FAT64

• PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
Don't see the facination myself. :no:
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Klybalur

Klybalur
  • 9 posts

What do you mean "can only use it inside a virtual machine"? Or do you mean that's how you use it since you prefer not to install .NET? I don't like .NET either but a few of my favorite tools and ATI's video driver user interface use it so I install the ones that are necessary which are usually only .NET 2.0 these days for me.

I mean I will not install .NET on the machine I do my normal work with. So the only chance to use nLite is a virtual machine, but it's not too bad. You are right that there're some other nice tools that require .NET but for most of thoose there're alternatives without that crap. For example the ATI drivers I replaced with the modded Omega drivers a long time ago.

roirraWedorehT

roirraWedorehT

• PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
I see. Yeah, I can't blame you for avoiding .NET as long as possible. For XP installations, I use DriverPacks and select the option to install the old ATI Control Panel with the latest driver instead of the Catalyst Control Center, but under Vista I don't have that option. But I still use .NET for My Movies, some NeoSmart Technologies tools (EasyBCD and iReboot).

At least .NET 2.0 is way better than .NET 1.x. .NET 3.0 and 3.5 take way too long to install though, and nothing I use requires it, so...

Edited by roirraW "edor" ehT, 04 June 2008 - 03:45 PM.

AgiHammerklau

AgiHammerklau

USER

• PipPip
  • 207 posts
Well,
I love and hate nlite.
Was a real nlite-junkie. ;)
Unfortunately don´t have the time for testing anymore.

Since the "alternative runtimes" are gone, it´s very hard to use nlite on a PC where you can´t install .NET on.
Last time I installed .NET in a portable sandbox (wish I remembered which it was) and gave nlite the rights to use the data in the sandbox.
So everything worked fine.
Nlite ran, Iso built and burned, outside the box of course.
Afterwards the sandbox was deleted and no traces of .NET were to be found after ccleaner was run.

BUT BE CAREFUL !
E.g. "Sandboxie" is a good program, but in some aspects even worse than .NET.
It simply "masquerades" its "sandboxed browser" as a "service" and sneaks through your firewall unnoticed !!!

Agi
System: W2KSP4+/ ASUS A7V266-E/ Athlon XP2000+/ 3*Kingston KVR266X64C25/1G/ 2*120GB Samsung SP1213N RAID0/ SP1604N IDE/ MSI GeForce3 Ti 200 pro VT/ D-Link 530TX/ SD616F DVD/ LiteOn 241040/ LiteOnDH20A4P

Also member of : http://www.german-nlite.org

njcomputers

njcomputers

• 18 posts

I love it! I think it's just about the most useful tool in existence for a system builder such as myself. The only thing I would want to add is an option to insert your own custom OEM information, instead of just what nLite will put in there.

when i have more time, ill post an easy script for that... i custom brand all my oem installs...

DEADLY9996

DEADLY9996
  • 7 posts
Ace program, gamers should really like this. I always used to stop (services) and remove as much of the windows junk as possible. With nlite (and vlite) most of it's done already, on a new install :D. Saves alot of time for me atleast. :thumbup

Even for non gamers it's useful, speeds up your boot process, and can even get rid of some security issues. It doesn't cause errors and problems if you know what your doing ;)

Can't beat it, great app!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN