Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

nLite, hate it or love it?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Poll: How do u Feel about Nlite (180 member(s) have cast votes)

How do u Feel about Nlite

1. I love Nlite I want to name my First Born Nlite (110 votes [64.33%])

Percentage of vote: 64.33%

2. I hate it., but i hv tried it. (26 votes [15.20%])

Percentage of vote: 15.20%

3. Neutral, as it isn't of use to me (35 votes [20.47%])

Percentage of vote: 20.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Nerwin

Nerwin

Photographer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Joined 31-May 05
Love it!

Desktop: Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8ghz || G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 2133 || ASUS P8Z77-V LK || 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD || 640gb WD SATA HDD || Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Corsair TX650M || ASUS 24X SATA DVD Burner || Fractal Designs Arc Midi || Windows 7 64-bit 

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,727 posts
  • Joined 19-March 09
What's there not to love in nLite? It has made my life much easier. As for the future, I will be looking for a proper 7 customizer for driver and hotfix integration only; my guess is with today's storage options (HDD, SSD etc.) there's no need of slimming down.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,820 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

I work in the enterprise, therefore I can't use it. :whistle:
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

JustShootIt

JustShootIt

• 27 posts
  • Joined 15-May 10
I don't "hate" it, but I dislike it. I'm not actually neutral, but I thought hate was too strong.

I don't like it because when I used it to integrate only SP2 and a small number of patches -- as well as get rid of a lot of unwanted junk (Outlook Express, Microsoft Office, games, IIS, and more) -- the end product was too big to fit on a CD!

It would be better if it actually deleted from your source tree the files you don't want to install.

So I put the project on the back shelf until I had time to learn the manual (MSFN) way.

"If something looks too good to be true, it's best to shoot it, just in case." -- Fiona Glenanne [Burn Notice, USA]

• Windows XP Pro SP2 (Also have legacy Windows, not installed, except I lost my ME disk. Can install a legacy version in extra space if needed to help troubleshoot.)
  • Linux (Slackware 13), KDE 4 (but will go back to 3, 4 imitates Vista too much), wireless automatic, no need for monitor drivers
  • Linux (Absolute Linux), GNOME, comes with CUPS already configured/running, hundreds of printer-drivers built-in, no need for monitor drivers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN