Copy Windows Dist / Multi-boot

I am the one and only evilvoice...lol...funny you should mention the acronis tutorials....seems many people have problems with it, but since finding msfn.org I havent been to 911cd.net in any capacity to update or to offer tutorial services there...I have spent most of my time making an unattended cd, then once I have it 100% to my liking, I will move back over to 911cd and build up to where I was before (you should do a search on member name "evilvoice" from the beginning to see everything I posted).

@Incroyable Hulk, tho I would like to retract my statement about the lie, I cannot...as I said, you could have used a better wording to say ezbsystems did not actually have 24 bit support, but as you put it...it sounded like you are saying they DEFINITELY have 24 bit support, and they do not...there will always be one difference between these programs...cdshell/bootscriptor/bcdw are free easy boot is not. I was inclined to purchase easy boot with ultraiso after reading your post about them having 24 bit support...I had gone as far as the Buy Now Page, then I said to myself, just to be sure, lets check what has changed...and so I clicked on news and found out...do you see my point? From what you said before I joined in this thread, I was all ready to go buy the program because it had 24 bit support at 1024x768...now how upset do you think I would have been after paying $60 (for both products) only to find out it doesnt support 24 bit images?

Sorry if I mislead you!

For me, color depth doesn't have the same importance as resolution does.

I would prefer 1024x768 with 256 colors over 640 x 480 with 24-Bits color...

In the last month, I've seen a LOT of improvement in EasyBoot Video Card Support and I even helped the developper with a Small test ISO as you can see in this topic: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=33587

I am really impressed with the final results but also the willing to improve from the developper.

P.S. The EasyBoot + UltraISO package is not a bad deal afterall. You even get LifeTime Free Upgrades! I wish there where more software makers like this!

Wow. Lots or replies. w00t w00t. I used bits of pieces of your suggestions and the Final CD burned perfectly.

lol @ "Final CD" b/c I see now how this never ends. Now I have to start working on the multi-boot version with Windows PE and all the disk utilities I can stuff on there.

FYI: I ended up copying the I386 folder to \$OEM$\$1 and used CDImagePro with the -o switch to reduce the size of the GM. I think it's simpler to have the I386 copy over during TEXTSETUP and makes sure the person to first login doesn't have to wait.

I wanted to share the results of my work for you guys to critic/admire/laughat/blah/yadda/etc. It's too much code to post so I'll post a zip instead. Good or bad, let me know what you think.

=TG=

unattended.zip

That depends on your perspective.

Technically, it should be the same size because I didn't delete anything from it. But thanks to -o in CDIMAGE, it compresses duplicate files.

And if I didn't mention it already, I've been buring to a DVD instead of a CD. So I have a little more room to maneuver.

Why do you ask?

oh, and MERRY FREAKIN X-MAS everyone.

I to have placed the i386 folder in $OEM$\$1 and $OEM$\$$ but when I checked the file size of the folder if was 750mb, same number of files.I tried it with the -o switch and without it to see if this was affecting anything about the copy, but the same thing everytime.

I manually copied the i386 folder from the dvd after setup and it was 406mb WTF, anyway bollox to this I have other problems p***ing me off :realmad: