GTA2 For Free Download

Denney

• 1 month later...

i have heard abt GTA 3 and vice city..but i dont know much about GTA 2..how is this game guys...is it enjoyable..

and does anyone know the hardware requirements for gta 2...coz i have an ancient P3 550 MHz system with 10 MB hard disk, 128MB ram and Intel 810 MoBo. The audio and video are integrated on the mobo..will this game run on my comp?

edit: i forgot to mention..i am using Windows XP Pro.

10MB Hard Space?! :S

Well GTA2 is very enjoyable, its basically a huge improvement over the original GTA, with the same birds eye view, only the improvements in this are immense. With much better game performance and visuals over the original thats a good start lol. But the gameplay itself is brilliant, instead of just going to a phone now to get a job, GTA2 was the one that introduced the gangs into the whole scene. Take the first level, you have the Zaibatsu corporation, a huge pharmaceutical (hope I spelt that right lol) company that could run the city if it wanted to. You have the Loonies, a bunch of absolute pyschos (Who in my opinion are the most fun to work with lol), and you have the Yakuza who simply put, mean business! Each gang hates one another, the Zaibatsu hate Loonies, Loonies hate Yakuza and Yakuza hate Zaibatsu, now this is where one of the games more important features comes in: Respect.

To get work from a gang, you need to have a certain amount of respect from that gang in order to work for them. 3 meters in the top of the screen show each gang's respect for you, and you gain (and lose) respect for each of the gangs usually by murdering members their rivals. Wanna work for the Loonies? Go on a Yakuza rampage!

Theres tonnes of minigames in this one usually found in bonus missions where its just a crazy task (such as destroying so many ice cream vans or taxis etc)

The weapons on this one are brilliant, a huge selection to choose from, for you to just cause hell with.

It was the first GTA to introduce 'proper' radio stations as well, with their own hosts, own music etc, and the majority of them, are absolutely hilarious to listen to.

Despite the 18 age certificate, GTA2's main aim is simply to have fun, and it suceeds in so many areas. Download it, you really wont regret it, and indianarchie, I hope you mean 10GB, in which case GTA2 will run fine on your system I imagine :)

Hope this is of some help to you all!

Well here are the reqirements of the game:

# Pentium 200 or above

# 32 MB of RAM

# 65 MB of hard disk space

# 4x CD ROM

# Windows 95/98

# DirectX 6.1

# Direct3D Compatible Graphics Card (REQUIRED)

# Sound Card (3D Sound Card Optional)

# Multiplayer: LAN (IPX & TCP/IP) 4 players plus Internet (via DirectPlay)

# Keyboard

What you have there is the requirements for the game if ran from the CD it seems, if youre talking about the actual Rockstar download though then I'd bump that 65mb up to at least 300. The installer itself is over 200 lol.

Ahh so its GB ;) its certainly alot better than 10MB :P

Well thats more than enough for you to get the game and play it, all you gotta do now is worry about the 9.7 or so GB you're gonna have left! :o