Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WPI Cosmetics

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

buzzman2005

buzzman2005

Junior

• Pip
  • 54 posts
Hasi

so i understand the following from your post

@buzzman

Please understand the following:

the number of Apps displayed in one column is computed. for that, i use the sum of category-headlines and previous apps. for each resolution, the calculation changes. each application has its height, and each headline does. if the sum + heoght of the 'current' app won't fit, then there's a 'column break'.

If you put <br>'s into your program definitions, the app's height changes, but i still use the same calculation as i'd use for a single-line app. so the column grows too big - and there's your problem.

Sure i could recode the rendering. but that's a hard job to do for a 'single user change request'. It'll take some time ... right now I'm working on the 'installation order' bugs, which I can't really recreate on my WPI !?!

so it's not easy to change the code for the calculation.. i undestand that.. (BTW really appreciate the help and programming you do.) how would i change your calculation of the height so that the # of lines that you have predetermined in the code is 1/2 so instead of 20 apps per column its 10 for example???

thanks

PS been trying to find the line of code that changes the clock colour in common/main.js and i can't find it where is it?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Astalavista

Astalavista

MSFN loyalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
common folder css

hasi001

hasi001

Coder

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
look at boxes.js, line 85 and 96
if ( (winheight == 600) && ((pi+cats)>=(col*19))) { ...

and 

if ( (winheight >= 768) && ((pi+cats)>=(col*(winheight/30.72)))) {
experiment with the hardcoded values.
Images in signatures shall NOT exceed a total of 300x100 and 80kb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN