Create oeminfo.ini containing date of installation

• 6 months later...

Edit: Question rephrased.

I'd like to include non-integrated updates installed with Windows aswell in oeminfo.ini.

I have a dir on CDROM root called WINDOWSUPDATE where media connect etc. is placed. I'd like the script to not only list hotfixes from %CDROM%\I386\SVCPACK but also %CDROM%\WINDOWSUPDATE\.

The below is an illustration of how I would like it, but does not work.

Is something similar possible?

for /f "tokens=1 delims=.exe"  %%j in ( ( 'dir /B %CDROM%\I386\SVCPACK\KB*.exe' ) & ( 'dir /B %CDROM%\WINDOWSUPDATE\KB*.exe' ) ) do ( ( set kbname=%%j 

) & (call :myprint) )
goto :eof

:myprint
echo line%i%=%kbname%   >> "%oeminfo%"
set /a i+=1

:eof

Please help me out here guys :hello:

Edited by BoardBabe

Try this

for /f %%j in ('dir /B %CDROM%\I386\SVCPACK\KB*.exe') do call :myprint %%~nj
for /f %%j in ('dir /B %CDROM%\WINDOWSUPDATE\KB*.exe') do call :myprint %%~nj
goto :eof

:myprint
(echo line%i%=%1 >> "%oeminfo%" && set /a i+=1)
:eof

I create registry keys for everything I install like service packs, hotfixes, tweaks, misc programs, and utils so when I put my unattend windows cd into the computer the autorun interface gives me a report on what is installed on the computer. This also doubles as a kind of protection in that other people I work with use my unattend cds for deploying systems. They can also use the unattend cd to install stand alone apps. If they try to install custom made things like utils, the autorun will see the reg entry and warn the user that the util is already installed on the system.

:blink:

• 2 years later...
I create registry keys for everything I install like service packs, hotfixes, tweaks, misc programs, and utils so when I put my unattend windows cd into the computer the autorun interface gives me a report on what is installed on the computer. This also doubles as a kind of protection in that other people I work with use my unattend cds for deploying systems. They can also use the unattend cd to install stand alone apps. If they try to install custom made things like utils, the autorun will see the reg entry and warn the user that the util is already installed on the system.

:blink:

I know how to do the oeminfo.ini and the bmp for a logo

what about the oemlink.lnk one that I have seen

that can be added after like oeminfo.ini etc

anyone done that as yet ?

or do i ask in a new thread!

thanks