unpack the installer package (summary list)

weist123

i collected the unpack mothods for some kinds of installer package:

PACKAGE                                          TOOLS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MS installer (.msi/msp)                       msiplus for totalcmd
                                                       WinINSTALL LE 2003
                                                       orca of windows installer SDK
                                                       installshield wise for msi
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INNO SETUP(.exe)                             Innounp
WISE SETUP(.exe)                             E_WISE
                                                       Wise Unpacker GUI?C HWUN v0.50a
InstallShield(.cab/.hdr)                       winpack v3.0
setupfactory(.exe)                             Setup Factory unpacker
IExpress package(.exe)                      winzip/winrar
winzip \winrar package(.exe)               winzip/winrar

is there any complementarity ? please reply me !

• 1 year later...
i collected the unpack mothods for some kinds of installer package:

PACKAGE										  TOOLS
MS installer (.msi/msp) msiplus for totalcmd
WinINSTALL LE 2003
orca of windows installer SDK
installshield wise for msi
INNO SETUP(.exe) Innounp
WISE SETUP(.exe) E_WISE
Wise Unpacker GUI?C HWUN v0.50a
InstallShield(.cab/.hdr) winpack v3.0
setupfactory(.exe) Setup Factory unpacker
IExpress package(.exe) winzip/winrar
winzip \winrar package(.exe) winzip/winrar

Thanks

Thank I want Thise File Link Please E-mail Me

E-Mail : Mohsen6558@Gmail.com

Edited by shokri

Unfortunately, I'm not going to add any to your list (although there are more), just some quick comments:

MSI files are actually pretty easy to manipulate. It's some kind of custom database (yes, you can run SQL queries against it and all), but there's a standard API for it (pretty straightforward e.g. MsiOpenDatabase to open a msi file - and there's a C# wrapper out there), full docs on MSDN, there's a MSI SDK, etc. And there's a fair amount of tools for it (even some stuff on sourceforge). I think it's one of the best formats out there (easier to manipulate than the others at least).

InstallShield wise, most of the tools out there are for very old versions like 6, when v11 is out... (that's one reason why I like msi - no need for extensive reverse engineering to peek inside like that)

Also, there are some NSIS unpackers.