Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Installing from a network share path

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

rshadd

rshadd
  • 3 posts
Is it possible to have WPI configured to install my apps from a UNC path?
It seems that when I add the double backslash it is getting converted to a single backslash by the time it gets added to the registry.

e.g.
"\\dmmsupport1\install\_SETUP\sqlcli\standard\x86\setup\setupsql.exe" -s -m -SMS -f1 "\\dmmsupport1\install\_SETUP\sqlcli\standard\sqlcli.iss"

turn into...
"\dmmsupport1\install\_SETUP\sqlcli\standard\x86\setup\setupsql.exe" -s -m -SMS -f1 "\dmmsupport1\install\_SETUP\sqlcli\standard\sqlcli.iss"

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

BritishBulldog

BritishBulldog

• PipPip
  • 271 posts
yes you can and it is simply adding 6 backslashes! yes \\\\\\ before the server name.

your code would be

cmd1[pn]=['\\\\\\dmmsupport1\\install\\_SETUP\\sqlcli\\standard\\x86\\setup\\setupsql.exe -s -m -SMS -f1"\\\\\\dmmsupport1\\install\\_SETUP\\sqlcli\\standard\\sqlcli.iss"']

This is code entered directly into the config.js, not sure what would happen if you use the config option.

just tested it in config.js
With this you should not use the config option at all, as it parses the 6 backslashes with every click of the save button so that you are eventually left with only two.
Best if you have a plain Server install to use an older version.

rshadd

rshadd
  • 3 posts
Still not working. I'm using the 3.2.0 version. What verison are you using?

BritishBulldog

BritishBulldog

• PipPip
  • 271 posts
It should work on all versions but as i said you cant use the config option, not at all as this deletes the backslashes!!!

Use an old version where this config option is not implemented...

What error report are you getting?
can you post a copy of it

below is a copy of my WPI that i use at work through a network.

Attached Files

rshadd

rshadd
  • 3 posts
I used the version that you attached and it works great!
Thanks for your help!
Rich

BritishBulldog

BritishBulldog

• PipPip
  • 271 posts
no problem, glad to help :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN