RunOnceEx to WPI?

So Ive finally finished my master uA install cd using RunOnceEx which either installs programs directly from the cd or extracts a package from cd to temp folder and installs.

Question is, now that Ive finished, do you guys recommend putting the time into getting WPI setup for it? Ive already checked out the website and downloaded the package.. doesnt seem too complex, just a bit time consuming.

What are some of the main advantages WPI offers over RunOnceEx? I see some people reporting some bugs with it and such... so... is it worth it?

Thanks!

Oh, no doubt, WPI is far superior to RunOnceEx. I have it running via a file copied to the Startup directory, and not from [GuiRunOnce], which is great if you use any AutoIt installers as I do. Plus, I added an Autorun.inf to the root, so now I can pop the disc into a machine and...pow...WPI pops up in all its glory. Great if you want to add something at a later date. The ability to configure a default range of apps and have them auto-install after a set countdown is right in line with RunOnceEx, but as others note you have MUCH more flexibility with WPI. This is worth the effort, IMHO.

FYI, this is a mature app, don't be spooked by all the "bugfix" talk as your time and education investment will surely pay off in the long run.

Thanks for the responses guys...

Couple other questions...

Again, I took a quick *peek* at the interface and saw that there was a wizard that basically sets it all up for you assuming you know the commands you want to use and whatnot. I originally thought this was going to be something where I would be sifting through a bunch of code and js files getting my programs setup. Do most of you use the wizard or do you edit the code directly?

Is it pretty easy to interface? I realize thats just aethetics but if Im going to invest the time in doing this I want to do it all the way. Are there 'themes' for this one can download or that users have posted? Walkthroughs and/or recommendations at the very least?

Thanks again everyone.

I personally hate the wizard. I like to do the coding myself, but that's just a preference.

The wizards are the newest features, so they are most likely to bugs (whatever that means - they could be perfect, i dont know, i hate them.) maybe someone else could answer that part.

but as a whole, WPI is *the* best thing I have on my U-DVD, with the possible exception of RyanVM's SP2 update pack.