Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

silent installation

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

saitoh183

saitoh183

Give the sponge a big hug!

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
Im having problems with some appplications that i are bieng installed silently during my windows setup. I've search but have found nothing.

Here are the programs:

- Gadwin Printscreen (wise installer)

- Belarc Advisor (Wise installer)

- Fabertoys(Inno installer)

- Slimbrowser (Nullsoft installer)

- M$ Powertoys(Windows XP Crativity Fun Pack)(Installshield with MSI Installer)

Gadwin Printscreen---> It asked me to choose a language before starting the silent installation. How do i get it to not ask me?

Belarc Advisor--->After the installation, it analyzes my PC and opens an HTML pages to show the results. How do i get it to install withouot running after that?...would taskkill work?

Fabertoys---> After the installation, it shows the group menu that it created. How can i get it to not show it, but keep the group menu selection that i chose during the installation...is it possible?...or do i have to select not to create a group menu at all?

Slimbrowser---> Same problem as Fabertoys

M$ Powertoys(Windows XP Crativity Fun Pack)---> At the end of the installation it opens the readme files in HTML. How do i get it to not do that?

@all

Thx in advance! :)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Astalavista

Astalavista

MSFN loyalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
since u know what the packager is

u can find the switches here

http://www.msfn.org/...c=32925&hl=wise

another think u should look up is taskill or pskill

if u want to delete or edit icons or start up groups use cleanup.cmd
to remove them

saitoh183

saitoh183

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
I went to your link and i've read that before on the net;)...as for my prob, it doesnt solve it.

I have been able to install all the apps above silently. The problem is at the end of the installations...Fabertoys and Slimbrowser have the startup group poping up after the silent install...Gadwin Printscreen gives me a language selection before starting the silent install and M$ powertoys after the silent instal the HTML readme pop's up...

Using cleanup.cmd and taskill/pskill wont do a thing because all these probs happen right after the programs install's...

lilweirddude

lilweirddude

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
you could use autoit or repackage it with installrite or something similar

Astalavista

Astalavista

MSFN loyalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
huh?

that is what pskill or taskill is suppose to do to kill the pop up.

the language is stored in the registry. make a copy of the reg settings

export prior to installation, and use pskill

saitoh183

saitoh183

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
@Astalavista

ok can you explain how pskill/taskill would work for my prob of Fabertoys and Slimbrowser? I have PSkill so how would i use it in my runonceex.cmd(syntax)?

Example:
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "WinISO 5.3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%cdrom%\apps\WinISO\winiso53.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\007 /VE /D "WinISO Task kill" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\007 /V 1 /D "taskkill /F /IM WinISO.exe" /f

taskkill would close the start menu group windows that pop's up after the installation? and in my example, is that the right syntax?

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts
You need to put it as the next item...
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "WinISO 5.3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%cdrom%\apps\WinISO\winiso53.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 2 /D "taskkill /F /IM WinISO.exe" /f
Notice that now there is an incremented number after "/V" for the second item.

Now for the explanation....
Taskkill is nothing but just a task-killer. Tell it which EXE to kill and it will do it. For example, lets see the startup group popping up after install - do a Ctrl-Alt-Del, and see all running "Processes". You will see that the startup group window is being shown by the "explorer.exe" file. So just put the relevant file-name in your runonceEX.
Example:
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 2 /D "taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe" /f

Posted ImageCheers !!!   Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

S0mE0nesMiNd1

S0mE0nesMiNd1

• PipPip
  • 168 posts
I always thought the batch files were run before explorer was first loaded, thus this problem doesnt occur.

RyanVM

RyanVM

Like a big surly teddy bear.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts
Well, you could always edit the MSI-based installers with Orca to not launch things.
RyanVM MSFN Files | RyanVM Forums
Please do not link directly to files on my site or modify/redistribute them without getting my permission first. Link to the above URL instead.
Current Update Pack Release: 2.2.2
(Released April 28, 2008)

BTW, 90% of what I say is kidding around. Don't take things so personally ;)

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts

I always thought the batch files were run before explorer was first loaded, thus this problem doesnt occur.

Right.
The start menu folders won't be opened when installing silently before the explorer shell loads.
Posted ImageCheers !!!   Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

davidd6

davidd6
  • 3 posts
i am looking for Gadwin silent installation but didnt find
any solution?

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 720 posts

Donator

"PrintScreen47_Setup.exe" /S