• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crispy

[Desktops] 2005

1,131 posts in this topic

It's been a little while since I posted here... notice the new desktop picture desklet. :D

Desktop

Clicky Clicky Clicky!!!

EDIT

I just figured that since school is over and I don't have to work, I can get away with having something pretty to look at when I'm working at my desktop... a little colour on the icons doesn't hurt either.

Clicky Clicky Clicky!!! (2)

Ok so here is my desktop, spent about a week trying to figure out how i wanted it to be, then a day (12 hours or so) working on the design and implementation of it.

Also the background image changes once an hour (on a timer), but no matter what because the side bars are transparent it always looks good. Of course it's all XPized too.

Screeny :D

screenshot%20-%20small.jpg

Ok so here is my desktop, spent about a week trying to figure out how i wanted it to be, then a day (12 hours or so) working on the design and implementation of it.

Also the background image changes once an hour (on a timer), but no matter what because the side bars are transparent it always looks good.  Of course it's all XPized too.

Screeny :D

Nice desktop. What is that sidebar/where can I get it? Also, how do you get your wallpaper to change every hour? Thanks.

Thanks ;)

The sidebar is a theme i made for samurize (http://www.samurize.com) - get that, and my theme is also on the site under the downloads section.

The wall paper changing, is part of the XP power toys pack - which can be found on Microsofts site, or through google.

@iCEhOT: You need this for complete XPizing :P Can you refer me to the file that holds the icon the inthe folders called "Jodeys PDA my documents" and "Pocket PC my DOcuments"? Is it a windows file, or you installed a third party app/driver?

1200.ico

Hey, the folders were placed on my desktop after installing ms activesync, and the software for my HP iPaq. If you want to know anything else about them, let me know. :)

@Rickie - Which VS do you use? I Like it.

I like dark visual styles. I have found one, but it's not good enough, so if anyone knows a good one let me know... :)

Clicky

what do you think abou mine? :thumbup

post-11243-1115510161_thumb.png

@Rickie - Which VS do you use? I Like it.

I like dark visual styles. I have found one, but it's not good enough, so if anyone knows a good one let me know... :)

Clicky

Where did you get the middle bottom picture in the Longhorn Wallpapers folder? Everything looks pretty nice, although I'm not much of a dark theme person myself.

it's not a "real" Longhorn wallpaper :D . i found it on google search :)

@phex. how do you get the transparent look man...btw....great shot of your desktop

@phex. how do you get the transparent look man...btw....great shot of your desktop

There are a couple ways to get that effect, including stuff like some built-in nVidia tools, as well as having programs that simply have the feature built-in, but I prefer glass2k.

tatttoedframe7gl.jpg

Tattooed Beauty

Clean|Dirty

My may desk

Vs:gant sp2

Icons: DOCUNiUM XP,microGANT 3

Programs:Winamp,samurize,object dock,avedesk

Wallpaper:Marina Retouching Wallpaper by isomerboy

:)

@techno_funky - Aha, I see your a Linkin Park fan too :thumbup

There are a couple ways to get that effect, including stuff like some built-in nVidia tools, as well as having programs that simply have the feature built-in, but I prefer glass2k.

yes you are correct, I do that with Nview with my Nvidia card; but for me is very useful for msn and web surf at the same time.

Hey all,

I'm still very new to the windows visual customization theme, so I have a question. How do you get those the hard drive icon and status in Rickie and DBarras desktop (top right corner)?

Many thanks,

phire

Thanks so much! :D

One more question: Do the icons come with the Avedesk package?

phire

I Think comes with Sum Stardard Icons and the rest u gotta Search for and stuff i think but not 100% sure on it most programs like dat do have few stardard and rest u gotta get urself.