• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crispy

[Desktops] 2005

1,131 posts in this topic

@ripken204: Give me a few days and I'll write a basic SPU tutorial, k? Be patient, it'll be well worth the wait, I promise. :)

@wolf7448: Turn off your caps-lock key, noob. Don't you know that the louder you yell, the less people will listen?

Also, one man's "clutter" is another man's bliss. Since you're a self-described newbie, you might want to be a bit more polite. Otherwise you'll quickly find that others aren't very eager to help you when you need it.

Here's a good link fer ya: http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html

self distracted newbe eh? just because i voice my oppinion thats what i am? and it says ur an newbe so...:huh:

self distracted newbe eh? just because i voice my oppinion thats what i am? and it says ur an newbe so...:huh:

I was pointing out that there are better ways to voice your opinions besides being rude to other members by yelling at them. Whatever, act however you please, dude. Good luck with that.

Edited by coyotewrw

Check my current work desktop (right).

Custom Samurize config I've been playing with.

Background came from DeviantArt I think

ONatural Blue Visual Style

Icons from DeviantArt

Invisible icons in use

My old work Desktop (left).

Basicly all of this was from samurize.com as it came with a great config I used for a while until I created my own.

post-77572-1130169478_thumb.jpg

post-77572-1130496654_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mental_McClean

Here's mine:

33dc.th.jpg

46aw.th.jpg

51xj.th.jpg

forgive my ignorance, but what is that "console" thing? it seems like a command prompt but... transparent?! I definetly want one of those! Where can I get one?

Thks

Here's mine:

33dc.th.jpg

46aw.th.jpg

51xj.th.jpg

forgive my ignorance, but what is that "console" thing? it seems like a command prompt but... transparent?! I definetly want one of those! Where can I get one?

Thks

It is a command prompt!

You can download it here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/console

I was pointing out that there are better ways to voice your opinions besides being rude to other members by yelling at them. Whatever, act however you please, dude. Good luck with that.

U kno what i'm sorry, i was rude and i shouoldent have been and i have a tendancy to do that some times so sry man, it took alot of effort to make your desktop and i will vote for it :)

U kno what i'm sorry, i was rude and i shouoldent have been and i have a tendancy to do that some times so sry man, it took alot of effort to make your desktop and i will vote for it :)

Hey, no worries bro. I could've been more polite myself. Good on you for being big enuff to apologize. Peace. :)

("self distracted"... didn't want to admit it at the time, but that had me chuckling for quite a while. :P Nice turn-of-phrase, dude! )

Edited by coyotewrw

Clean:

octclean3yu.th.png

Dirty:

octdirty9jp.th.png

Dirty 2:

oct2.th.png

Edited by war59312

Ok.. I lied. I said I wouldn't do my laptop again, but it's changed a bit... and I love it.

Clean

Laptop-2005-10-27-clean-small.png

Dirty

Laptop-2005-10-27-dirty-small.png

VS - Sentinel by ChaNinja (slight mod - not to be released, don't have permission)

Wallpaper - Ripped from someone elses screenshot over at Samurize.com :P

Icons - Elements Icons (from deviantArt)

AveDesk 1.3 with working FTP desklet (that's what's below the Winamp desklet) :thumbup

Winamp skin - Multipass

Any other questions just ask.

P.S. - I'd rather that my desktop be a finalist, before any one suggests this. My laptop already won last month, so I should enter something else. :)

Ok.. I lied. I said I wouldn't do my laptop again, but it's changed a bit... and I love it.

<blockquote>
Clean

</blockquote>

Laptop-2005-10-27-clean-small.png

<blockquote>
Dirty

</blockquote>

Laptop-2005-10-27-dirty-small.png

VS - Sentinel by ChaNinja (slight mod - not to be released, don't have permission)

Wallpaper - Ripped from someone elses screenshot over at Samurize.com :P

Icons - Elements Icons (from deviantArt)

AveDesk 1.3 with working FTP desklet (that's what's below the Winamp desklet) :thumbup

Winamp skin - Multipass

Any other questions just ask.

P.S. - I'd rather that my desktop be a finalist, before any one suggests this. My laptop already won last month, so I should enter something else. :)

dude that desktop in like scary and cool at the same time :thumbup

Edited by wolf7448

c1ae.th.png

Lol you already have Office 12? or is it a skin for Office?

Edited by harunaksoy

It's the real deal!

Im sure your microsoft contract bans showing unreleased software.

My entry for this month :D

Lots of samurize work :thumbup

desktop80qc.th.jpg

desktop98zp.th.jpg

desktop117wo.th.jpg

desktop109mq.th.jpg

Theme: Area04, Wallpaper: On Returning. Link: 4impressions

Custom transparent taskbar (opaque on hover), roll up windows, new alt-tab: NuonSoft ShellEnhancer

Samurize, custom config, clickable large icons with customisable functions (as shown in screenie 2), live feed stats via mbm & atitool.

Rainlender with RussellC Modern Industria skin here

Icons: Inspirate icon set, the other lower quality pics are my own work :P

Winamp: ClearONEBeta link

Miranda: Custom setup, using icons on taskbar to look like msn, all windows nice and transparent. IEview plugin by RussellC, longhorn template.

Edited by unrealhippie

Office 12 looks so "Gay" to me. :P