viewsonic pf790 problem

member11

Hello there,

I have 1 annoying problem with my VIEWSONIC PF790.

When i turn on this monitor and if i hear a "clicking" sound right away, my monitor won't display anything on its screen.

BUT if i hear nothing following by a "clicking" sound from the monitor, i will see "no signal" message and my monitor will display information of my computer.

i want to know why viewsonic pf790 does that.? and is there away to fix this problem because it annoys me.?

thank you very much and hope to hear from you soon.

Is this consistantly the case?

CRTs generally make a Clicking noise as they are turrning on, however if you are not getting a picture, then i would conclude that either the VGA cable is damaged, the moniter is damaged, or your Vid card is not functioning properly.

|Drew|

this happens quite often and I am not sure what causes it.

if i don't see anything on my monitor, i turn my monitor off and press and hold *ON" button of monitor and everything is OK again.

not sure what really happens. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It really annoys me a lot.

here is the thing i try to understand why my monitor gives a CLICK sound right away when i turn it on and NOTHING works???

if it gives CLICK sound after a brief of silence , everything is COOL again.

if you know why it acts like that., pls let me know

How many years is the warranty on that monitor? Is it still covered by it?

Since something seems to be wrong here, I'd say call in the ViewSonic technicians and let them have a look at it. Atleast they can fix it for you, or replace the piece.

the bad news is my monitor is out of warranty last february. Therefore, i can't send it to viewsonic to replace/ repair.

i emailed viewsonic's support team but these guys are not doing anything significant at all. May be, i got in touch with wrong people who are not knowledgeable enough about their own hardware.

if i have more money the end of this month, i'll get a new monitor

I'm not so sure your monitor is bad. Viewsonics are very good and your model is even better. Maybe you're just unlucky and it was time for it to go.

Don't turn it off, let the computer "turn it off". I've got a 19" MAG and it does the same kind of clicking. I never turn it off, when the computer shuts down, the monitor "goes to sleep".