Compress drivers to save space on removable media
Program is open source, so open for improvement. Suggestions are welcome.
Compressed drivers can get installed as any normal driver:
- manual installation
- WHQL kept
- Smaller files on installation media
- Seperate drivers from the extra's.
Copy compress.cmd to the driver dir and execute it.
The detected driver files are created in new subdirectories, so make sure you have write-access.
When you receive errors running the batch or the result is not as expected please tell me on which driver this behaviour occured and if possible provide me a downloadlink to the driver package
- Driver Compressor only processes inf's in the directory it's working directory.
drv_comp.cmd 7.02KB 5229 downloads
Last update 27 october 2005:
-Fixed truncated extension on decompress (minor)
25 october 2005:
- Added Long File Name support
- Added Subdir-reference support
- Improved dependant files check (minor)
- End of line detection added to tagscanner (minor)
28 august 2005:
- Minor GUI fixes
- Fixed invalid call causing strange behaviour in specific situations (minor)
03 may 2005:
- Changed detection of Driver class
- Added Tab as delimiter in inf parser
13 march 2005:
- Changed handling of inf's containing no driver signature
- Windows NT detection added (batch won't run on 9x systems)
- Fixed issue about driver files got placed into subfoldertree
- Minor GUI changes
8 march 2005:
- Fixed bug when driver-inf doesn't contain any files to install (Intel Inf drivers)
- Added PAUSE at program exit.
Edited by hp38guser, 05 January 2007 - 09:55 AM.