Driver Compressor

Acheron

I looked on your Epson Stylus Colour drivers, these files uses a different kind of compression (MSZZ), however it's not supported yet. I'll look at it. Also the class isn't detected properly, gonna fix that soon.

The Realtec Drivers just compress fine, but why do you have so many inf's? It looks like a loop but it isn't. It just ends it loop after the 26th pass :wacko:

You must find out which inf your Realtec Audio card really uses during Windows Hardware Installation. The compressed size should be around 8 MB.

Currently fixed your problem having with the VIA VGA Drivers, you now will have a folder of just 2.1 MB's instead of 10.2 MB :hello:

VIA HyperION drivers are known to be obsolete for Windows XP SP2, however on older systems you can use the compress.cmd on each subfolder. Make sure there's some inf in it!

Your SpeedTouch uses Installshield for its installation. Google the net for some installshield decompressor to extract the driver files. After thats done you can use my batch to compress it to be used during Windows Hardware Installation.

Thanks for giving me this bugreport and providing me the files

Edited by hp38guser

The Realtec Drivers just compress fine, but why do you have so many inf's? It looks like a loop but it isn't. It just ends it loop after the 26th pass wacko.gif
oh so its the inf`s making it repeat itself :lol: dont know why there are so many, these drivers are from my mobo driver page here.

i intergrate all drivers accept speetouch with nlite, with the audio drivers i point it to Alcxwdm.inf. so i removed all the other inf`s out of directory and now the file size is 7.58MB :thumbup havent tested them yet though.

Currently fixed your problem having with the VIA VGA Drivers, you now will have a folder of just 2.1 MB's instead of 10.2 MB welcome.gif

10 to 2MB wow! Where have you and your batch file been all my life hp38guser :lol: never thought that much compresion was ever possible.

VIA HyperION drivers are known to be obsolete for Windows XP SP2, however on older systems you can use the compress.cmd on each subfolder. Make sure there's some inf in it!

just read this thread you only need a few files but when i use your batch it copys even less which is good but when i try to move them into one folder to intergrate with nlite it asks to overwrite one of the .cat files. is this ok? what are .cat files for?

as for modem drivers, thats a bit complicated for me, i will have to tackle that another day :D

Cheers

Last update tonight:

Handles now the Class even if tabs are used in driver infs and support added for files which are compressed yet.

Even the Epson drivers ( 3.75 MB compressed with SZDD ) goes down to 2.40 MB's :thumbup

Yes sixpack, that will do fine to decompress installshield cabs.

@Ionit, the cat-file is the digital signature Microsoft uses to check the drivers. If this file is missing Windows won't install the driver during Hardware installation Setup unless you specify:

[Unattended]
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

in your winnt.sif

Updated the batch with some tag-detector. Lines with ";" won't be parsed now.

:thumbup Nice tool. I made a unattended cd with lots and lots of drivers on it (many friends ask me to install and configure their pc) but I can't use it for all of them.

example if used on nvidia drivers it installs only in english and some functions aren't available (the pre-settings for most common games etc )

But an inf install during setup from the full map does it right.

There are no diffrences in the inf so why ???? I realy don't know.

Never the less awsome tool

nVidia's using the coinstaller to setup additional components.

However I'm creating a minimalistic XP setup and don't need those extra's. They just consume lots of memory when used.

With the minimal nVidia drivers I can play all 3D-games without any problems B)

@Hoppy, tell me which drivers are causing problems and I'll take a look at it.

Thanx sixpack for the link, cant seem to get the cabs to extract though, most likely i`m doing somthing wrong. I have no experience doing this :unsure: maybe somone can point me in the right direction.

Even the Epson drivers ( 3.75 MB compressed with SZDD ) goes down to 2.40 MB's thumbup.gif

Great work.

BTW, have done nlite install with these drivers and all seems well, have got rid of cat files aswell & saved another half a meg :D I thank you. :thumbup

Version: 66.93 (Got rid of the setup exe en stuff but kept other dll's)

I myself don't need the extra's as I know you don't need them, but the biggest isue is the language (dutch) isn't selected. It's for the people I install windows for.

Version: 66.93 (Got rid of the setup exe en stuff  but kept other dll's)

I myself don't need the extra's as I know you don't need them, but the biggest isue is the language (dutch) isn't selected.  It's for the people I install windows for.

66.93 is Nvidia :P

@Hoppy, For dutch language in nVidia Config Panel you only have to copy nvrsnl.dll to the system32 directory. You can copy this file uncompressed in your unattended installation to the following directory:

$OEM$\$$\System32.

For other languages you can use the same file, with the bold text replaced by the language code.

@Sixpack, you have to look for a subdir with an inf and some driver files ( .sys, .dll ), when you get an error that some files are missing, note them down and try to find out if the files are included with the ATI Setup file. Then copy only those files to the directory containing the installation inf and redo the process.

@Ionit, tested your Speedtouch USB drivers with i6comp.exe, you have to type this:

i6comp.exe e -f data2.cab *.* "C:\SpeedtouchDrivers"

You get a lot of directories, but only some are relevant: PPPoA, PPPoE and WDM. Make sure you only use the "SpeedTouch 330 ADSL Modem Update" drivers, these are newer.