Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BizTalk

Microsoft's site

Do you like the way it looks and functions?   27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the way it looks and functions?

• Yes
    • No
    • I used to

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

Just wondering how many of you like the way microsoft website and by that i mean the way it looks.

I think that it's a fairly well made site. Most of the things you need you can find through the search function, and they've got a lot of documentation for their products there.

Overall: 9/10

its fugly :P

who remember the first hotmail website ???

haha.... far simpler design - any browser would have accessed it ;)

But NOoooo, how can IE dominate the world if IE is not the best browser to browse MS sites? :lol:

As for how http://www.microsoft.com looks and functions, it never has bothered me for the reason I say later below. I surf with images off, for the most part. So a simple page design with proper alt-tags used on all images is the most appealing site for me - and MS.com is not one for simplicity. :P

I always do this for whatever I needed to find on MS.com:

g site:microsoft.com "search term"

Type that in the address-bar of Opera (or into IE, if you have a certain regtweak applied), and what I want is on the search results (it brings up top X number of google finds).

i use opera to view it and it's perfectly fine,they got it set up pretty good

i personally hate it because everytime i got there is to update/fix something :P

ps: soldier1st what a f****d amount of text on your sig :lol: and mine was bigger?? :P

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

its not bad..wat i like abt the site is that they have a huge amount of documentation and backup for their software...and just wondering if tht's coz their software is so bad that they need the extra stuff for it :P lol

It a good website. I have designed about 10 websites in the last 4 years and I can tell it's a good one. Nice Graphic design, easy navigation, Huge amount of content, segmentation of products (smaller websites on particular products line) etc...

+ good search engine

I dispise M$. I like their OS when it's nLited, but their website is a bit of an extreme representation of how highly they think of themselves, despite their lack of understanding about security. Some things hidden within their site that I have stumbled upon give me a bit of new knowledge, but I voted No.