VMware Workstation for Windows 5.0 Build 11888

CuteBear

vmware_logo_top.gif

VMware Workstation is powerful virtual machine software for developers and system administrators who want to revolutionize software development, testing and deployment in their enterprise. Shipping for more than five years and winner of over a dozen major product awards, VMware Workstation enables software developers to develop and test the most complex networked server-class applications running on Microsoft Windows, Linux or NetWare all on a single desktop. Essential features such as virtual networking, live snapshots, drag and drop and shared folders, and PXE support make VMware Workstation the most powerful and indispensable tool for enterprise IT developers and system administrators.

Download

Don't worry, that support will be added later.

This one is beta, so probably not fully functional.

Anyways, have you tried directly using the XP 64-bit? I mean, even if its not listed as a supported OS, directly loading the ISO and setup?

There is a new feature which looks promising... Capture Movie! VMware can generate a video of the virtual machine! Perfect for teaching purpose and for newbies purpose :thumbup

The only thing is that they introduced a new codec (VMnc) for this... so I'll have to convert the AVI to something else.

• 3 weeks later...
There is a new feature which looks promising... Capture Movie! VMware can generate a video of the virtual machine! Perfect for teaching purpose and for newbies purpose  :thumbup

The only thing is that they introduced a new codec (VMnc) for this... so I'll have to convert the AVI to something else.

frickin awesome! that's exactly what I'm looking for!!!

• 3 weeks later...

new Vmware beta build

Vmware Beta 12544

Changelog

Latest Changes:

Full Team Wizard implementation

Clone Wizard enhancements

Template mode, which protects the parent virtual machine of a linked clone from unintended modifications

Updates to the vmrun command line utility, which you can now use to upgrade the virtual hardware and virtual disks to current formats

Experimental support for Direct3D

Japanese localization in the user interface

if its giving u an installation message, llike "setup has detected a previous version of vmware on your machine, press ok to uninstall" & u cannot uninstall, all u have 2 do is this :)

Vmware Updating Problem:

open Regedit browse to
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products And Remove the Key Corrosponding to Vmware