problems using Jumpdrive with WinME

skimmer

hi,

i just bought a Lexar JumpDrive (512 MB) which the package says is compatible with ME. When i insert it into the USB drive and click on the Lexar icon, a window pops up saying "a required .dll file MFC42u.dll was not found.

This is my father's computer--I have a Mac and am a novice when it comes to dealing with Windows. Given this, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

You could try to download the file directly from Microsoft (or one of the many sites that host the file) and copy it to c:\Windows\System but according to this thread the mfc42u.dll file is for Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003 systems only so I reckon firing off an email to Lexar (support@lexar.com) might be your best bet.

or if you find it place it into windows/system and fire up the jumpdrive,if not rename it to mfc42.dll or if not search for mfc42.dll and thats it

i know i've never had a problem with my jumpdrives(a 256 mb,512,1 gb)lexar elite

what jumpdrive do you got?under 98 i got MFC42.dll not MFC42u.dll,you'll need to locate it and rename it