Passwords Expire

I put the command to set the passwords for unlimited expiration time, and they won't set. It won't even set them to not expire if i try putting it in the cmd prompt. For some reason, it'll only work if I do it manually for each account. Any suggestions? I need to get a workable Unattended Installation CD with accounts that won't expire. Thanks

/EXPIRES:{date | NEVER}

date

An expiration date is in the form mm/dd/yy(yy). Months can be a number, spelled out, or abbreviated with three letters. Year can be two or four numbers.

Use slashes(/) (no spaces) to separate parts of the date.

NEVER

Sets no time limit on the account.

This is the line I have in my user-creation script that sets an unlimited password age:

net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited

If this line does not exist in yours, I suggest adding it and trying again. I believe all other replies are making reference to an actual expiration date for the account, not the passwords. (That is, whether or note the account should be disabled after a certain date.)

Hope this helps.

This is the line I have in my user-creation script that sets an unlimited password age:

If this line does not exist in yours, I suggest adding it and trying again. I believe all other replies are making reference to an actual expiration date for the account, not the passwords. (That is, whether or note the account should be disabled after a certain date.)

Hope this helps.

this is the one i used, and it doesn't work for me. even running manually from the cmd prompt. i'll try the other listed above and see if it works. thanks for the replies.

if those don't work just search the current forum for a "netuser" tool and use it like this :

netuser username /pwnexp:y

this app comes from sysinternals i believe but its posted in here somewhere for download.

wow, thanks alot!!! this netuser tool did the trick :)

Users are not added through WINNT.SIF, that I know of. I use a useraccounts.cmd script file to add them from cmdlines.txt.

net user Username password /add
net localgroup Administrators Username /add
REGEDIT /S autologon.reg
EXIT

If you leave out the password from the "net user add" line, the user will be created without a password. Like so:

net user Username /add

Hope this helps.