When Longhorn comes you take it or

xper

I will definitly take it !!! I can't wait to see it !!! :w00t:

I worked a little with LH build 4074. But I couldn't see major emprovements, maybe because it's still in alpha stage. I'll watch closely the evolution of the OS and when it will become final i'll give it a try.

If I will not be satisfied i switch back to XP SP2.

Not sure as of yet, am yet to see any advantages to running it over XP pro SP2. Although i'm normally one to experiment with new technologies, so might give it a go and see what it's like.

From what i've read in articles, it offers a file system which supports faster file searching? Well i'm sorry, i search for a file on average about once a month. I know my hard disks like the back of my hand so i rarely need to go searching for stuff.

Umm what else have I seen? rotating windows i think i saw? Well what on earth do you need to rotate a window for? Agree with a previous post, why have the OS eating up all your resources? Even though i will upgrade to hardware capable of running it with the best performance, i still dont want the OS doing all that, XP runs great, runs all forseeable hardware for the time being, and will do it much faster than longhorn. It also plays all games, and very well at that, it runs all media i'm interested in doing, and also has decent themes and customisability.

I have normally always upgraded an operating system, but this time it seems all Microsoft are really interested in, is spurring us to spend more money on hardware that's not necessary, and improving/slowing down the asthetics of the operating system.

If I'm wrong, then someone please post an actual advantage to this upgrade? Other than curiosity.

Not sure as of yet, am yet to see any advantages to running it over XP pro SP2.  Although i'm normally one to experiment with new technologies, so might give it a go and see what it's like.

From what i've read in articles, it offers a file system which supports faster file searching?  Well i'm sorry, i search for a file on average about once a month.  I know my hard disks like the back of my hand so i rarely need to go searching for stuff.

Umm what else have I seen?  rotating windows i think i saw?  Well what on earth do you need to rotate a window for?  Agree with a previous post, why have the OS eating up all your resources? Even though i will upgrade to hardware capable of running it with the best performance, i still dont want the OS doing all that, XP runs great, runs all forseeable hardware for the time being, and will do it much faster than longhorn.  It also plays all games, and very well at that, it runs all media i'm interested in doing, and also has decent themes and customisability.

I have normally always upgraded an operating system, but this time it seems all Microsoft are really interested in, is spurring us to spend more money on hardware that's not necessary, and improving/slowing down the asthetics of the operating system.

If I'm wrong, then someone please post an actual advantage to this upgrade?  Other than curiosity.

I agree with u "iCEhOT" :thumbup , there is not much of improvements I saw while testing Longhorn Alpha except that the explorer took a Whopping 64 MB memory & crashed frequently.. Sure that would change.. still Its the same MS "Old wine in New BOTTLE" B)

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone so quick to judge codename Longhorn. I will end up switching to it eventually - Since that’s what 80% of us will do in the long run.... :lol:

But I will wait for the bugs to crawl out, prob 6months to a year before I will install it on my Primary Computers; really just depends on how it functions, satiability-a must, features, etc... Also by this time I will be using 64bit Edition! :w00t:

One other thing scares me about Longhorn. I Like the Codename, but what if the Final Release version is a really a stupid name? That would SUCK! :angry:

~~~~

Micro$oft Windoz BOOM!aRang

Loading... ... ...

Windoz BOOM!aRang

Taking you to Higher Levels - Over and Over Again!

~~~~

(BOOMerang - get it?)

Side Note:

“According to one Redmond watcher, the next version of the Windows operating system, Longhorn, will be ready for manufacturing in May 2006 and will ship to the public in seven different versions.”

…..

“The seven versions will include the Longhorn Home Edition, Longhorn Premium/Media Center Edition, Longhorn Professional Edition, Longhorn Small Business Edition and Longhorn Mobility/Tablet PC Edition.”

Hopefully ONE of these will be worth the money...

:lol:

I'll queue up at the store to get it as soon as they open, I can't wait for Longhorn. From the developer POV, and the gamer, this is hands down the best Windows yet.

Gamers, see what Avalon is, what it can do, that is your DirectX10 and it's very exciting!!

And if they can implement what's been in the alphas, it will blow you away (I know WinFS isn't going to be in it initially, but MSN Desktop search can fix some of those holes :))

I can't remember where I read it, but I read something about being easier to deploy for network admins. This worries me, I really like my Unattended CD and take pride in it and this community. I hope it won't "so easy" and will allow us still to manipulate things that Microsoft never thought or imagined someone could :D.

]Bonkers[

Have no worries, this forum will still have things that others haven't even heard of.

Also, its going to make things easier for manageability yes.... but they only reveal half of it - the other half you'll find at msfn. ;)

I've already started with unattending longhorn...