XP Live CD

redder

I would like to make a windows XP live cd is it possible? If yes how exacly would i do it? I am aware or Windows PE but thats not exacly what i want, i want the real OS that would be working for more than 24 hours. How can i do that?

I would like to make a windows XP live cd is it possible? If yes how exacly would i do it? I am aware or Windows PE but thats not exacly what i want, i want the real OS that would be working for more than 24 hours. How can i do that?

@ Vando2k

can you explain what you want to do with this bootable OS ? ,

Have you thought of live linux like **** Small linux

http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/

their are others as well.

Cheers

Tuxman

Just go with BartPE and spare yourself a lot of headache.

The biggest plus-point being plugins for it. And the 24 hours limitation can be removed using a certain plugin for bartPE. So that's not a problem either.

@DL

Maybe by 'real OS' he means to say bartPE is not a full-featured OS like the real WinXP (bartpe's source) is. In fact, bartPE can be made to be more real than anyone thinks - check out the 911 CD forum.

And if you were wondering what that reference to 24 hours was about, it refers to the limitation that microsoft hard-coded into WinPE. After booting from a WinPE CD (or hard-disk), your system will only run for 24 hours, after that it will forcibly restart. This was done by them to prevent winpe being used in embedded devices (like mobile phones, etc.) and such...

Well, bartPE which is a variant of WinPE can remove that limitation (as I said above).

go bart!

EDIT:

If you have doubts about the power of bartPE "full OS" check out Ultimate Boot CD for Windows or miniPE.