26 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite OS and why?

• win 95
    • win 98
    • win 2000
    • win xp
    • win 2003

i use XP Pro+SP1 as my main OS

Pros: Very Stable and works wonders for me & All My Programs Work On It,it Does Everything

Cons:XP Needs Lotsa Memory To Run Well(i have 512 MB DDR PC3200 so memory isin't a problem),it takes getting used to if you've never used it before

Windows 98 SE: As My Secondary OS

Pros:All My Programs Work on it,Hasen't Failed Me Yet,Easy To learn and work with,will work on new hardware and most new programs,runs dos apps well

Cons:If Going Above 512 MB Ram you need to tweak some settings before you install windows 98 or before you install the ram,doesen't have NTFS Support,Some Software Like Office 2003 don't install(cuzz it's for 2000/xp)

Windows XP+SP2:

Pros:Does Everything SP1 Does,sometimes better.

Cons:Some Software Won't Run On It Like Need For Speed Underground,May Cause Unknown troubles At Times.

Windows 2000:

Pros:Very Much Like XP Without Visual Themes,Has NTFS,etc...,Very Stable

Cons:Some Games won't work on it,Best To Use SP3 instead of sp4 cuzz it is much faster.

Windows 95:Runs Old Dos Based Games Pretty well,Many Businesses Use it Still,Best On Old Hardware.

Cons:It's too old,won't run alot of the newer software and won't install on new hardware.

Windows 2003:

Pros:Very Much Like XP,Best For Servers.

Cons:Won't work on old,crappy hardware and only recent hardware has drivers for it,it's crap as a workstation(it takes alot to get it to be a workstation)

How can i vote??

I use windows 98se+tweak i can find for all 20 client pc.

Windows me for admin counter.

And windows server 2003 for my game server.

I use windows XP for my personal pc dual boot with windows 2000 another dual boot with windows 98se. :thumbup