Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.0.3.1000

contender

Yea but the directory is not there like it used to be and you would have edit the msi if you just wanted lsetup.exe or lusetup.exe in the liveupdate directory without the other files.

...or you could just repack it as a WinRAR self extractor and rename it to lsetup.exe

Then you can delete the other files in that directory as well. Of course, the point is moot now :P

Ok, here it is, step-by-step:

Getting Files Ready:

Localize installation dir & create admin install point:

(Run this code as whatever.cmd in your source directory)

start /wait setup.exe /A /V"/QB TARGETDIR=%systemdrive%\SAV"

Update Virus Definitions:

Replace the "program files\Symantec AntiVirus\Virus Defs" with the new downloaded version from:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...ges/US-N95.html

Update LiveUpdate:

Replacing "program files\Symantec AntiVirus\lusetup.exe " with the version downloadable here:

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_...ate/lusetup.exe

Installing Unattended:

Run the following code (edited to reflect you path):

"%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV\Symantec AntiVirus.msi" /QB RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=ReallySuppress

Edited by a06lp

@a06lp, the admin install point doesn't work like that :P

download and extract the contents of the installation. locate the .msi installer file...

msiexec.exe /a "path\file.msi"

after created the admin setup, replace lusetup.exe and replace virus definitions.

then repack everything and launch the new setup using /qn or /qb switches

i must be doing something different then? maybe a different method? (i sort of followed this guide)

i ran the code i have above, and it created a folder (C:\SAV) full of stuff... (folders: common, external, program files, redist, system32, windows; and file: Symantec AntiVirus.msi)

i was able to replace the virusdefs (the same way i wrote above).

i just dont know how to update liveupdate...can you help? do I ONLY replace "program files\Symantec AntiVirus\lusetup.exe" with "lusetup.exe" which I downloaded?

Also, is there a way to check which LiveUpdate version is installed? (to confirm it did work?)

ps, i updated my above "guide" a little

pps - after running your code, i see it does the extact same thing that the code i have does (only mine puts it neatly into %systemdrive%\SAV)

Edited by a06lp

i see, i think what you are doing is sending the admin setup command throught the .exe file that is ok :)

so you now got your folder full of stuff and you've replaced virus definitions. now you just need to search for lusetup.exe and replace it with the updated one you downloaded. 1chaoticadult, told me to look on "pathtoadminpoint\program files\symantec antivirus".

now you just need to launch the installation like

"%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV\Symantec AntiVirus.msi" /QB

that is enough for me. no need of RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=ReallySuppress switches.

finally you can re-pack everything to save space but that is just a suggestion.

ok, just one last point:

my "program files\Symantec AntiVirus\lusetup.exe" is: 3,888 KB

while the "lusetup.exe" which i downloaded is: 2,614 KB

is this correct? the newer version is replacing a larger older version?

Also, is there a way to check which LiveUpdate version is installed? (to confirm it did work?)

is this correct? the newer version is replacing a larger older version?

yes, correct. that is because the setup you downloaded is compressed.

yes, the left bitmap of the updated live-update (lol), shows a yellow marble with a black anthem.

this is the easy visual proof, different from the older one.

ok, everything worked perfectly.

SAV 9.0.3.1000 installed, updated defs, and liveupdate is v2.6 (anyone who wants to know, you can check the version by looking at "LiveUpdate" in Add/Remove programs - it shows the version number)

updated my "guide" to reflect all of this: Guide

ok, everything worked perfectly.

SAV 9.0.3.1000 installed, updated defs, and liveupdate is v2.6 (anyone who wants to know, you can check the version by looking at "LiveUpdate" in Add/Remove programs - it shows the version number)

updated my "guide" to reflect all of this: Guide

I'm glad you got everything working.