start.cmd what?

I am just totally confused when it comes to talking about adding Progrmas to your batch file please help

For Example MP 10

Copy mp10setup.exe to C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\WMP10\

DID that

Add these lines to your batch file:

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Windows Media Player 10

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\WMP10\MP10Setup.exe /q:A /c:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore"

RunOnceEx Example:

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "Windows Media Player 10" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\WMP10\MP10Setup.exe /q:A /c:\"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore\"" /f

What batch file?

And what is [Guirunonce]??

Please help me

Thanks guys for putting out such a good guide! :D

[GuiRunOnce]

is found in WINNT.SIF. Read the WINNT.SIF reference on the site for more details. All it does is execute the line there at logon.

So, say you had a batch file that installs your applications (I'm refering to the first snippet of code) you would add the example to your CMD file that is being executed from GUIRunOnce. That's what it's trying to say. Bear in mind, you will have to first HAVE a CMD file to copy it to. If you don't just create one :P Read the site about where to make it.

(I suggest sticking to GUIRunOnce and not progressing to RunOnceEX till you understand the basics. It will help cure your headaches before they start :P )

You might think it confusing at first.

Just don't bother - DO IT and you'll eventually understand. Carry out your tests in a virtual machine so that your real PC is safe.

And finally, the official guide (linked above) is being revised and will be up soon. So if you wait some more days and then see the same site, you might find answers to what you're looking for.

Just don't bother - DO IT and you'll eventually understand. Carry out your tests in a virtual machine so that your real PC is safe.

And finally, the official guide (linked above)  is being revised and will be up soon. So if you wait some more days and then see the same site, you might find answers to what you're looking for.

I cant do that. it takes half an hour to put it back to together and then 2 stupied hours to reinstall.

but i think i am starting to understand

I put the code in my .sif file?

If so where in that file do i put it?

And finally, the official guide (linked above)  is being revised and will be up soon. So if you wait some more days and then see the same site, you might find answers to what you're looking for.

I cant do that. it takes half an hour to put it back to together and then 2 stupied hours to reinstall.

but i think i am starting to understand

If so where in that file do i put it?

You cant expect everything to be handed over to you in a silver platter. Read and try to understand! If you cant then read it again. You have to get the basics right before you do anything else.

I'm not exptecting that.

I have read it over and over and yes, over again.

I was thinking that everyone would want to help here.

But some people just hate newbes.

Here is some news to everyone. We all start out as noobs! I'm not yelling in case anyone is getting exited ;) but im just sticking up for all the newbies. We are all learning here. Give help and get help back and soon todays newbs will be tomorrow's Gurus.HEHE

Socan somone please answer the questions in my last post because rebuilding my disc over again and again wastes time.

I am learning tho. :)

Thanks

Now I am confused as to what you want

If it some info on how a app is install in a

Unattend Install.

That Is after you have made a WINNT.SIF

I use the runonce method

What That is at around the 13 min mark

Windows looks for a file Called CMDLINES.TXT

My CMDLINES.TXT

[COMMANDS]
"REGEDIT /S 000.reg"
"REGEDIT /S 020.reg"
"REGEDIT /S 040.reg"
"REGEDIT /S 060.reg"
"REGEDIT /S 080.reg"
"UaPrestart.cmd"
"RunOnceEx.CMD"

Than Windows Will Process All those Cmds

Which right to the registry the cmd in the RunOnceEx.cmd

RunOnceEx.CMD

My RunOnceCmd

Orange Are The Text Title

Green The Location And Action

Red Are Switches To Use With Green

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "The %A1% Section" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /VE /D "Preparing Installation..." /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Ua015 %A1% Alcohol120" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %CD1%Alcohol\TestAlcohol.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 2 /D " %CD1%Ua015\setup.msi /qb/promtrestart" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\170 /VE /D "Preparing Final Clean up ..." /f

REG ADD %KEY%\170 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\CleanUa.EXE" /f

Now as to this, people if they do not want to help you

they dont have to. I have been a member for about a year

and all who have reply so far are saying in a sutle way,

read and experiment first. Before giving up and I cant do this or that.

It took me 2 times before i got a working Ua and I believe my only stupid question was about drivers. Ans A error 4 and maybe one or 2 more, if no one reply I would just go back to the guide start reading and try to experiment with what was written ther.

Yep, it does. The alternative is to test it on your real PC, and wind up having to install everything manually because you mistyped one "stupied" line. Your choice. (For the record, I'm only picking on your spelling because I find the fact that it is the word "stupid" that is misspelled to be highly ironic. Nothing personal. :))

But some people just hate newbes.
True. Some people do. I don't think that very many of them frequent this forum though. I have said some ridiculously naive things on here, and have never once been flamed for it.
We all start out as noobs!...We are all learning here. Give help and get help back and soon todays newbs will be tomorrow's Gurus.

A-freakin'-MEN.

...rebuilding my disc over again and again wastes time.
It also helps you learn. You should always test any project after any major changes. And, in a project like this, most, if not all, changes qualify as fairly major. If you aren't testing, chances are your project will fail; if and when it does, you will have no idea where the problem is.
Socan somone please answer the questions in my last post...

I'm done ranting now, so I'll try. :P

Short answer: No.

I think part of the reason people have been reluctant to go into detail on this is because it honestly is a very basic concept. The fact that you even ask indicates that you are without some basic knowledge that many of us will take for granted in our fellow forum members. I mean no disrespect and no offense by this. In no way does lack of knowledge indicate lack of intelligence. I just wanted to make the point that it makes things more difficult for us because we have to first determine what you know and what you don't before we can answer your questions properly. (You can't teach someone to multiply if they don't know how to add.)

For simplicity's sake, I am going to base my explation around the assumption that you know what the command line (command interpreter) utility (cmd.exe) is, but nothing beyond that. If you don't know that, ask. If you know more, skip ahead to the part where you get confused.

The command line provides an alternate way for users to "talk" to their computers. By typing in commands using the command line, a user can perform most, if not all, of the functions that are possible using the standard Windows GUI. There are even some functions (for me, anyway) that can only be performed from the command line, although it's likely that I just don't know how to do them with the GUI.

A batch file is a simple program consisting of command line commands to be run sequencially. The terms batch and command file are essentially interchangeable. In this particular case (batches) the words script and file also mean pretty much the same thing. So a batch file and a command (cmd) script are just two different ways of referring to the same thing.

Start.cmd, as mentioned in the uA (unattended) guide, is an example of a batch script. It contains a list of commands that, when executed, will install a selection of programs from the uA CD. This is a script that is created by the user creating the uA CD. It is usually placed in the $OEM$\$1\Install\ folder on the CD, and then run at the end of the uA install.

[GuiRunOnce] is a heading that can be used in the WINNT.SIF file to run a particular program the very first time a user logs in to Windows. If your start.cmd script is placed in the folder mentioned in the last paragraph, you would call it from this heading by putting the following code into your WINNT.SIF:

[GuiRunOnce]
   %systemdrive%\install\start.cmd

The code you quoted in your original post (the first set of lines, not the RunOnceEx example) would be a part of your of start.cmd file.

WMP 10 would then be installed by the start script the very first time you log into Windows after the uA install. If you configured autologon settings as described in the guide, the first log on (and likely all subsequent) will be automatic, and WMP 10 (along with any other programs you decide to install from start.cmd) will be installed without you ever having to provide any input.

A google search on batch or command files should easily provide you with far more information than you could possibly need (or, for that matter, want) to know about batch scripting.

I hope this clears things up for you. If you have more questions, just ask, and maybe someone (possibly even me) can clarify further.

I was thinking that everyone would want to help here.
People will help. But in order to help you, you have to help yourself first. You need to know and comprehed the basic commandments of the UA CD before doing anything at all.
Socan somone please answer the questions in my last post because rebuilding my disc over again and again wastes time.

And you think all the people who have done their UA cd havent done that. I myself have spent over 100 actual cds and prolly 4 times that number in rebuilding and installing windows on virtual pc. This is not something that you are going to do or finish overnight on a week. Some of us have been working and improving our UA for over a year now. I myself started over a year back and am still working on it, adding stuff, removing entries, enhancements etc....

The only way you are going to learn properly is by doing numerous installations (what you call wasting time) and learning from your mistakes.