Symantec Corporate 8.x

decoy5657

I'm trying to automate my entire "baseload" for my computers at work.

The first piece of software in my script is Symantec Anti Virus 8.x coming from an SAV server. I use the /QB switch on the .exe located on the server.

once the program is 90 percent done installing, the little popup box comes up saying that definitions are old... blah blah blah. You HAVE to click on this for my batch file with a bunch of START /WAITs in it to continue on to next command....

Is there an easy way around this?

Here is the first three entries I have for my Unattended Install. I install the SAV Client, Update the definitions, and then update the liveupdate to the newest version.

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Symantec Anti Virus Corporate 8.0" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\sav\sav8.exe /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Update Anti Virus Definitions" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\sav\vdef20050126.exe /Q" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Update to Symantec Live Update 2.6" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\sav\lusetup.exe" /f

Download the virus def exe file from Symentec. I renamed the file a bit for my sake...but it works each time.

• 2 weeks later...
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Update Anti Virus Definitions" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\sav\vdef20050126.exe /Q" /f

why this way? when u can just remove the old definitions and replace with new ??