bluetooth vs wirelss

ripken204

i have an intellimouse, the newest one, and it works only about 10 feet from the comp when its in the same room

Is it wireless or Bluetooth? The operating range really depends on what you buy. I have a Logitech MX Duo with a wireless mouse and keyboard and they both work within 20-30 feet. I am able to go downstairs to my kitchen and control my music from my computer in my room without any difficulty (there's a bunch of buttons on my keyboard for playing back music).

my question is probaly nooby but can the wireless signal of the keyboard interfere with WLAN? :blushing:

I highly doubt that, because I have a wireless router right next to my wireless keyboard/mouse receiver and everything works fine... Also, both operate on completely different frequencies.

Bluetooth, wlans and wireless input devices don't share the same frequencies, so there is no risk to get them interfering.

however some bluetooth devices can cypher their transmitted data and reach a distance ranging from 10 to 100 mt (30-300 feet) depending on the class of the device.

Usually cheap devices stay in the 10 mt (30ft) range.

I use bluetooth constantly on my pc (unfortunately not for input devices) but never noticed this "delay"

try this site and forum for any more data you need to solve bluetooth problems, it helped me a lot

Jons Guides :P

however buying a new keyboard and mouse I would get a BT one so I'll use one single dongle to connect all my stuff: pocketpc, modem-phone, earphones, keyb and mice, without having hundreds of transmitters on the desk....

Ciao MTVento