Spanish version?

pppx00

• 3 weeks later...

Simonsays, don't talk s*h*i*t.

SP 2.0 isn't language independant. Gape only said he will write some kind of a translation guide to help people around the world to create a custom version of the Unofficial Service Pack themselves.

P.S. Waiting is the last thing you should do. Unite the Spanish people, grab the RC1 version, look at the setup infs insite and collect the Spanish Windows 98 system files.

Well thats done Gape will have SP 2.0 final released. He will help you to get all the files into the exe package.

ok let start, take careful with expressions like "don't talk s***" as i've read some similar posts from you. remember vulgarity is not tolerated on this forum and the reply can be in the same terms as yours...

gape said the 2.0 will be language independant, that is the 2.0 version could be installed on every win9x without language problems, dunno how it is going to be done, maybe the guide to port the pack could be suitable.

about waiting well, i've tested the latest version and i won't recommend it without knowing what you're doing. many problems on menu translations and a couple with paths (%PROGRAMFILES% path specially).

finally just to remember you to take care of what you write when you're referring to other people ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest petehander

OH :( I need the Spanish version of this unnoficial service pack.

Is there anyone working on it ?

Is there a guide telling how to start a translation or how to start collecting the spanish version of microsoft patches plus all the other addons ?

I'm interested in starting this tedious task. Please, volunteers needed !

Come on Spanish guys, write an answer to this post .

B)

I have a lot of patches for Windows 98 SE and Windows Me :P

Language independent patches are included in the English SP yet, so we only need the localized ones.

There are some problems with localized patches, thought:

* Some of the language dependent patches seem not to be available or you need to request them.

* The files contained in 311561spa8.exe and 311561spam.exe are in English, AFAIK this only happens with these (M$ fault ??)

Unfortunately I'm on a 56Kbps modem :angry:

I'm willing to work in a Spanish SP for Windows 98 SE and Me, feel free to contact with me if you are working in such project.