Problem with Multi boot dvd

Computerpro2

Hi guys when i test my multi boot dvd in VmWare and try to install windows 2000 professional (this also happens when i try to install 2000 server) it will say CDBOOT: Cannot find NTLDR. I am following THIS TUTORIAL so i dont really know what happend..... i am making this dvd for my friend who has xp,2000 pro and server he said SP4 was slipstreamed.

please help with this.....

thanks much guys..

• 1 month later...

to both...

A. When hexediting the BOOTSECTORS were you sure to use CAPITAL letters? Did you also OVERWRITE the 4 characters already there? Note I said OVERWRITE, NOT delete then type in their place. Check setupldr.bin as well.

B. Did you edit TXTSETUP.SIF and SetupSourcePath correctly?

• 2 weeks later...

With all due respect to Alanoll, Incroyable HULK, and others, NOT everything is detailed in the guide. It is entirely possible to follow the instructions to the letter and still run across the "Couldn't find NTLDR" error.

I had problems with this myself until very recently, and honestly I was afraid to ask the forum about it for fear of being vilified for not following directions. I checked, re-checked, triple-checked, started over and got frustrated more than a dozen times. Nothing worked. "Couldn't find NTLDR" was haunting my nightmares.

Finally I stumbled across the solution, which as I said is NOT in the guide. For those responsible for the maintenance of the guide, please include the following in the next revision:

1) Make for D**N sure that you've followed every single instruction in the guide, and THEN...

2) Make sure all files in your boot folder (2PRO, 2SRV, PRO1, 3STD, whatever) have UPPERCASE filenames. Note that if you follow option 2 for creating a Win2K boot folder, you may end up with filenames like "1394bus.sy_" instead of "1394BUS.SY_". This causes a lot of files, especially SETUPLDR.BIN, which is the file your computer is complaining about, to appear to be missing to the program run by your bootsector file. Simply rename the files to uppercase, and all your woes should disappear.

I hope this helps some folks.