do you dig Microsoft?

prathapml

Does microsoft suck for you?

You hate them no end?

take a look - Microsuck

Found this place to be incredibly interesting and fun. Simply because of all their assumptions built on the base that microsoft simply HAS to be evil no matter what they do. This place will make you see darkness in day light! :crazy:

Post your comments ;)

I like how they assume that casue we have a MS related Forum that we all love Windows and hate linux.

I dont think we have one debate stating that Windows is the best and linux sux.

If anything this forum was created to educate people about the ins and outs of MS related problems and how to fix and solve these issues.

We have created tools to make windows more versitile and user orinted...maybe if they looked into stuff like nlite and our reduction tools they would understand what this site is about....

I for one support both MS products and open sorce things such as Linux. I run both and use many applications on sorceforge...

Anywho i know i for one wont be joining their forum and trolling....i dont wish to sink to that lvl.

If people wish to use one thing over another let it be up to them

|Drew|

Exactly. I agree.

And they seem to, as well - since most of those posting in that thread are saying basically the same as what you said (that they will not join here just to troll around and expound their philosophy). But still, I'll be left wondering which of the new members who join after today and rant, are going to be from Microsuck.

Funny thing is........ I found them for us, and they found us at approximately the same time. :huh:

Also, hate is a great leveller. Take a look at their home page. Designed just like Microsoft's. And these are the ones hating them? :blink:

:lol:

Man I can't stand wait to join them and tell them to f|_|ck off!!! ;) but as Drewdatrip mentioned, you'd better not lower yourself to that level!

One thing they always seem to forget in their Open Source propaganda is the fact THAT THEY CANNOT PLAY GAMES... mwoehahahaha *EVIL LAUGH*

Except for Unreal Tournament once and every while :P

@AfterDawn

arrr.... ;)

Keep in mind that a huge linux supporter is here! (hint: me) And its not bad at all - nor is Microsoft.

And its a mis-conception that linux lacks games - any number of perfectly good 3D games exist. And yes, they are as big/good as those for win32 platform. I've been on linux personally and commercially since years, and its been a great decision from any angle. And I don't hate MS, you know that as well, from my presence at msfn.

Point is, linux is very good and so is windows. Anyone that hates the other, or forces you to convert to use the other, needs a re-look at his own strategy. Introducing you to use something new is fine, forcing you to NOT use what you are comfortable with, is not. And this sort of approach where crowds of anti-Microsoft people jump on you and force you to move simply because they hate MS, it absolutely is not right.

That bothersome phenomenon (of attacking you), is called militant open source evangelism (of which that forum is an example).

I'll let this quote say it best:

THE BASTARD CHILD OF THE HERO

And while on the general waters of misanthropy, I also dislike militant open source evangelism, so quit waving your yellow flags already. I am all for the ‘OSS revolution’. But newly converted f***tards just have to make it their business to tell me how much good their s*** is, and how I am Bill Gates b***h because I use Windows XP to play my games, which he doesn’t yet have an answer for, not yet anyways.

I have a friend. He installs Linux, runs stuff on it, experiments with it, and generally tells people how good that makes him feel. That is a good thing. He is not sitting on forum boards replacing MS with M$ and telling everyone why they have to use ONLY firefox.

On the other hand are people you meet once in a while who just thrust their f***ed up browsers or email clients on my face, and tell me its good because its open source. f***ing hippies. They don’t even know the first thing about the open source movement. There are people wasting their sweat and blood for no monetary gains just so you have a choice, and these hippies just give them a bad name. Its not about sticking it to Bill Gates. Its about everyone having a choice, of having the power to switch to something more stable, and feature rich, if they want to. I use Opera and Eudora. They are by no means open source, or even free. But they are way better than all the options I have tried, including open source stuff, and more importantly demonstrate my exercise of choice. As long as you know and respect that, I’ll hear your case. But if all you want to do is smoke pot and make sex noises insiniuating how M$ is screwing the world, I suggest you move your sorry a** out of my face.

Now who wants to post the above in microsuck? If you're looking to get back at them, you have a cool way already (the above quote). lol

I must admit this post is sensible:

......  The best way to make people see that Microsoft is bad is to be nice to them, if someone gets the idea that Linux users are all bastards then they'll think “Microsoft's never rude to me but the Linux bunch are a load of f***heads.”

WARNING: If you're not 18, don't read the above chunks of quotes. It was posted purely for informative purposes, and is not meant to offend anyone.

Please do not close this topic, for its getting perfectly sane posts and is not out of control.

Nice quotes!

Actually I also like Linux (I have to work with it now for about 4 months...for a programming project at my work) and I also see the advantages... however I just hate their attitude. Their site looks likes it built upon Hate and Anger, while our site seems to be just informative and helpfull. We don't call this site www.linustorvalds-sucks-cock.com either do we? :no:

I cannot say I embrace all Microsoft products but I dig!

I'm really sick and tired of hearing some of my technician complaining about Microsoft products. I will dig into Linux someday but for now there is this list of thing holding me back:

1- To many Distributions!!! Which one do you choose? How do a corporate choose?

2- To many packages! Which one do you install 4Go of stuff on each distribution, that's way to much

3- Too many changes! Kernel, Device drivers, applications, etc.

4- Harder to learn for the average user

5- How can I live without Photoshop, GigaStudio, + MY GAMES!!!

Phew... that felt good!

Keep in mind that if Linux had 90% of the market, we would find a LOT of flaws and Security Problems probably even greater than what we have in Microsoft OS.

Point is, linux is very good and so is windows.

Well, I would rather say that neither of them are good ... I consider both to be a "work in progress", the only difference is that the Linux guys have never actually claimed that Linux is a finished product, Microsoft has... I think that annoys quite a few people ...

I personally run both Linux and Windows on my boxes and I must say that for the average everyday job I prefer Windows... It's as one of my Linux'ish friends told me; Linux, do half as much in twice the time ... :rolleyes:

Anyway, aren't we all forgetting something? ... Mac OS X?

Anyway, aren't we all forgetting something? ... Mac OS X?

I don't think so... I cannot install MAC OS X directly on my PC since it require special hardware. I know it can be done under simulation but you still need a Windows or Linux system underneath... And the whole debate stays, yes Photoshop will work but not my games and GigaStudio.