$OEM$ files not getting copied

janc

I have created an $OEM$ directory under FILESCD. Inside $OEM$ I have the directories $1 and $$. It is my understanding that anything inside the $1 directory will get copied to the root of the installation drive during installation and that anything inside the $$ directory gets copied to the Windows folder.

I have created the structure and added the files I want included. When I create the cd the $OEM$ directory is copied to the cd. But when I perform an installation the files inside the $OEM$ directory do not get copied to the hard drive.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the reply. I realized after your post that I didn't phrase the question accurately. What I meant is that the files within $OEM$ are not being copied. For instance there is a $OEM$\$1\drivers directory. After installation there should be a C:\drivers directory, but it didn't get copied.

• 10 months later...

I'm kind of having the same problem,

My folders aren't copied too. OemPreinstall=Yes is inside my winnt.sif

I'm trying to install via XPlode, but it doesn't seem to work because of my folders aren't being copied.

Anybody thinks he knows the problem ?

thx in advance! :)

jeroen.

EDIT: Believe it or not, but it does work now :-S, I didn't change anything, only retried in VMWare. No need for searching anymore ;-)

thx :-)

Edited by Jeroeneke

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Same problem here!

I did all of the tips and advices but the result is "nothing copies from "$OEM$"

I'm using nLite and i set the OEM Preinstall to Enabled, checked the Winnt.sif the OemPreinstall set as Yes.

I made the $OEM$ folder at the root of the CD including $$ and...

$OEM$\$$\Web\Wallpaper

$OEM$\$$\system32

$OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes

I did nuhi's advice:

"After nlite is finished make folder on the ISO root directory before making ISO"

Nothing copies :(

Am i missing something!? any advices will be helpfull.