New Option for Installing Applications - W.A.I.T.

I am still having problems with the 'already installed' feature.  These items can still be selected and WAIT tries to reinstall them.  The DoNotInstallAlreadyInstalledApps" flag that was introduced in version .18 does not work in version .19a.  It generates an error when WaitCfg.exe runs, and it is removed from the .ini file.

This was by design - you can select an already installed item therefore allowing it to be re-installed. I thought the DoNotInstallAlreadyInstalledApps flag was too restricting. You can accomplish the same thing by detecting that it's installed and also putting the same file checks into the "Hide if" section. This will hide already installed app therefore making it impossible to select it and reinstalling it.

WAIT also tries to install items that are hidden via HideIf. 
Not sure about this one. I will start digging into the code. I think (thought) this could not happen.
And, if HideIf items are hidden because a file is not found (the '-' prefix is used), and the hidden item 'Excludes' other programs, the excluded items can not be selected when Select All is used.

I will look into this as well

thank you

And, if HideIf items are hidden because a file is not found (the '-' prefix is used), and the hidden item 'Excludes' other programs, the excluded items can not be selected when Select All is used.

This only happens of the item is not only hidden but also installed. This is also by design. It the item is installed then there is no way you should be allowed to install something that it "Excludes"

Make sense?

• 2 weeks later...
Could someone explain to me how to use W.A.I.T. from cmdlines.txt?

This seems my "perfect" way of installing.

And is there some kind of "setup-guide"?

Anyone for these? I've tried to run from cmdlines.txt and that's the part that works, but it doesn't install any programs... :(

Furthermore, I've posted a few requests and a (possible) bug on the WAIT forums.

Thanks in advance.

Just found another bug (Thread at WAIT forums):

WAIT adds the keys for RunOnceEx as the "folder" 000x (don't know what it's called in the registry) and then a key 000x with the command to run.

The problem is that somehow, Windows doesn't accept the FOUR digits, but it DOES accept THREE digits.

Would you be able to change that? (I don't believe anyhow that anyone would have more than 999 programs to be installed...).

Thanks in advance.

Ben, I am working on your bug report as well as your request. I have been having the same problem as you. When using WAIT with CMDLINES.TXT it puts all the lines in the registry, but nothing installs. Personally, I have only been using the internal installer and GUIRUNONE. This has worked with no issues. And, using the internal installer gives you some advantages (logging and timeout's).

As soon as I figure out what's going on with the CMDLINES.TXT issue I will post a new version.

I am also working on a setup guide.

Thank you for your support

Bryan

The reason that I'm using WAIT from cmdlines.txt, is that I would like to be able to "leave" my computer to it as much as possible. Pretty much the same reason -I- gave.

If you would be able to implement the requests I've made, I think I'll love you forever :P