How to make a 7-Zip Switchless Installer

keytotime

just curious: has anybody tried to make sfx installer which has total size >700MB?

My situation is this: I have made sfx installer with 7z file at ~500MB. No problem. the SFX details (icon, version info, etc.) are intact.

However, if my 7z file is >700MB, the SFX details (icon, version info, etc.) are missing! Running the sfx exe is ok, but file details are not visible.

I've tried to compile this in Vista and XP, both having the same symptoms.

Have you used the latest versions of 7zSD (v1.2 RC1), 7z (v4.58) and UPX (v3.03w)? Check here the downloadlinks and my new updated tutorial (maybe you did it already on this way)

Edited by Inferi0r

that's what i'm using but wihtout UPX ...

on the same exact copy of 7zSD (modified the icon and version texts) and 7zip ...

1) Works fine for 7z archive with size ~500MB... icon and version info were shown/intact... extraction works fine.

2) Works fine too for archive >700MB but the icon and version infos are missing/not shown. Extraction works fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:hello: This is way cool :thumbup

However when I try to make a installer for Open Office. Everything goes fine until I try to run the installer. Then I get an Unspecified Error Box. I have a folder with the following files in it: 7zS.sfx, config.txt:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="OOo_2.4.1_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_en-US.exe"
;!@InstallEnd@!

OOffice.7z and OOo_2.4.1_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_en-US.exe . The last one is the installer created.

Open office Looks like it has 3 installers included in it. instmsiw.exe, instmsia.exe, and OOo_2.4.1_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_en-US.exe. If i click on the file of the first 2 I get an, wrong os or os version for application, error box.

What am I doing wrong, I created several other installers using this method before stumbling onto this problem.

Again this rocks :thumbup

Open office Looks like it has 3 installers included in it. instmsiw.exe, instmsia.exe, and OOo_2.4.1_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_en-US.exe. If i click on the file of the first 2 I get an, wrong os or os version for application, error box.

Those two files is for older Windows (2000 and 98 or Millenium probably).

Since I posted I redownloaded the open office installer, and redid the steps and I get the same error box

Run the downloaded installer and use the extracted files.

The .cmd file should look like this:

@echo off
msiexec /i openofficeorg24.msi ALLUSERS=1 SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL /qb! /norestart
exit

or

@echo off
msiexec /i openofficeorg24.msi ALLUSERS=1 SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL /qn /norestart
exit

The second does not have the progress bar.

:hello: In other words run the installer then archive the extracted files along with the following in the config.txt

Thanks

Since I posted I redownloaded the open office installer, and redid the steps and I get the same error box

Run the downloaded installer and use the extracted files.

The .cmd file should look like this:

@echo off
msiexec /i openofficeorg24.msi ALLUSERS=1 SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL /qb! /norestart
exit

or

@echo off
msiexec /i openofficeorg24.msi ALLUSERS=1 SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL /qn /norestart
exit

The second does not have the progress bar.

Thanks for this thread !

I want to integrate MS .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 & 2.0 in my xp cd.

I have used this french forum. But I don't know how to make a 7-Zip switchless installer.

For information, I have in my \$OEM$\$1\apps\: 2 folder (dotnet11 + dotnet02) and 1 file (dotnetfx.bat), this batch :

@echo off
echo Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 ...
echo ===============================================
start /wait msiexec /i %systemdrive%\apps\dotnet11\netfx.msi
start /wait msiexec /i %systemdrive%\apps\dotnet11\langpack.msi /qb
echo.
echo Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 ...
echo ===========================================
start /wait msiexec /i %systemdrive%\apps\dotnet02\netfx.msi ADDEPLOY=1 REBOOT=REALLYSUPRESS /qb
start /wait msiexec /i %systemdrive%\apps\dotnet02\langpack.msi ADDEPLOY=1 /qb
echo.

Thanks for help.

Edited by insan

It's ok now, I have solved my problem :

1. To compress with 7-Zip : dotnet11, dotnet02, dotnetfx.bat, StartX.exe

This create : dotnetfx.7z

2. To create a folder containing : dotnetfx.7z, 7zs.sfx, Msistub.exe, config.txt

______ config.txt_________

;!@Install@!UTF-8!

RunProgram="dotnetfx.bat"

;!@InstallEnd@!

3. To make in command prompt : copy /b 7zs.sfx + config.txt + dotnetfx.7z dotnetfx.exe

This create dotnetfx.exe who I use to instal MS .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 and 2.0 silently.

Edited by insan