Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 Lite - 5 MB Only!

[deXter]

oh yeah! keep sliming down the AR

BTW, I noticed in the Prototype of Slimmed AR, the association with PDFs isn't ok, did you correct that guyz!

I mean when you are gonna to open PDF, there will be the (Open WIth Window) and that doesn't look good for some newbies who doesn't know a thing! LOL

Also what if I tell ya that I need the Desktop Icon? (oh yeah seems strange, but I'de like when I show the Desktop of the my UAXPSP2CD to some friends, all the useful softwares icons are on the Desktop

OK, here it is, i have removed desktop icon…Acrobat reader 7.0.3 lite unattended 6.53Mb

By the way, properly packed version with msvcp71.dll & no desktop icon can be as small as 6.09Mb. Take a look: http://rapidshare.de/files/4123843/ar703a.exe.html

But for my Unattended Windows XP CD I'll not use this version, because, as I said, the missing file is installed by another application and there is no need to duplicate it twice.

:wacko::wacko: i forgot to cab that file :blink: , that's the problem, i have puttet the file in all size

@Vid0 what program do yu use to compress all the files needed for install, because when i downloaded your installer (6.02MB), then i have extracted and the compressed and got 6.42MB!!

btw i use 7zip 4.26 version with ultra compression

p.s. the reason i'm asking is because i have an idea of creating AR even smaller, about 2MB smaller not compressed installed, so when i compress it should be about 5.7MB or something like that....

edited:

your's extracted installer size (21.9MB)

mine extracted installer size (19.7MB)

and all files are included also and msvcp71.dll, the main difference is the ar703.msi file (yours 2.56MB , mine only 388KB) so now i would want to know how to compress them.tnx

Edited by maniaq

@Vid0 what program do you use to compress all the files needed for install

1. I've made smaller SFX module 7zSD_AR.sfx (based on 7z 4.26b 7zSD.sfx) sized only 42002 bytes (attached to this post).
  2. Smaller configuration script...
    ;!@Install@!UTF-8!
    RunProgram="msistub AR703.msi /qb-!"
    ;!@InstallEnd@!

3. ...based on smaller installer stub msistub.exe (only 2560 bytes). It has a little different command line syntax compared to a popular StartX.exe (167936 bytes) , but does the same job in this case.
  4. Archive is packed with 7z 4.26b and specially tweaked packing options to achieve better compression for this set of files. 7z command line looks like this:
    7za.exe a -r -t7z -m0=BCJ2 -m1=LZMA:d24:fb255:a2:lc7:mf=bt3 -m2=LZMA:d19:fb128:a2:lc0:lp2:mf=bt3 -m3=LZMA:d19:fb128:a2:lc0:lp2:mf=bt3 -mb0:1 -mb0s1:2 -mb0s2:3 AR703.7z

5. I have no time to tweak installer script ar703.msi. I’ve only made basic changes with Orca. There are a lot of useless options inside the script, and it definitely must be tweaked. I'd like to see your version of the script (Hope it’ll work as good as full version). :thumbup

arstub.rar

@Vid0 what program do you use to compress all the files needed for install

1. I've made smaller SFX module 7zSD_AR.sfx (based on 7z 4.26b 7zSD.sfx) sized only 42002 bytes (attached to this post).
  2. Smaller configuration script...
    ;!@Install@!UTF-8!
    RunProgram="msistub AR703.msi /qb-!"
    ;!@InstallEnd@!

3. ...based on smaller installer stub msistub.exe (only 2560 bytes). It has a little different command line syntax compared to a popular StartX.exe (167936 bytes) , but does the same job in this case.
  4. Archive is packed with 7z 4.26b and specially tweaked packing options to achieve better compression for this set of files. 7z command line looks like this:
    7za.exe a -r -t7z -m0=BCJ2 -m1=LZMA:d24:fb255:a2:lc7:mf=bt3 -m2=LZMA:d19:fb128:a2:lc0:lp2:mf=bt3 -m3=LZMA:d19:fb128:a2:lc0:lp2:mf=bt3 -mb0:1 -mb0s1:2 -mb0s2:3 AR703.7z

5. I have no time to tweak installer script ar703.msi. I’ve only made basic changes with Orca. There are a lot of useless options inside the script, and it definitely must be tweaked. I'd like to see your version of the script (Hope it’ll work as good as full version). :thumbup

ok, i will upload my ar703.msi and the script file....yu can check if it is allright, because i don't know wery well the scripting(i use installshield adminsutio Editor for editing msi files)

Edited by maniaq

Archive is packed with 7z 4.26b and specially tweaked packing options to achieve better compression for this set of files. 7z command line looks like this:

where do i need put this line, and how do i run this, should i run it from a batch file or what :rolleyes:

yes, if i understanded yu what are yu asking  :lol:

Taigi ir klausiu, ar tas tavo skriptas tiesiog maniskio konvertuota versija su InstallShield AdminStudio pagalba, ar ji sukurei kokiu kitu budu. Tiesiog neturiu po ranka to InstalShield'o ir negaliu pabandyt. Orca skripto neoptimizuoja, priesingai - po kiekvieno pataisymo jis tik puciasi... Manau, kad konvertavai, nes panasios klaidos matosi ir tavo versijoj ;-)

(Sorry - technical details...)

where do i need put this line, and how do i run this, should i run it from a batch file or what  :rolleyes:

Yes, you can run it from a batch file. 7za.exe & batch file must be in the PATH.

Edited by Vid0

yes, if i understanded yu what are yu asking  :lol:

Taigi ir klausiu, ar tas tavo skriptas tiesiog maniskio konvertuota versija su InstallShield AdminStudio pagalba, ar ji sukurei kokiu kitu budu. Tiesiog neturiu po ranka to InstalShield'o ir negaliu pabandyt. Orca skripto neoptimizuoja, priesingai - po kiekvieno pataisymo jis tik puciasi... Manau, kad konvertavai, nes panasios klaidos matosi ir tavo versijoj ;-)

(Sorry - technical details...)

jau aiskiau, ne ash nekonvertavau tawo versijos, tik naudojausi ja kurdamas nauja....beje registrus ir kelis dar kazkokius id numerius ar kazkas panasaus pasivogiau ish tawes, nes man nerodydavo ant pdf failo paveiksliuko :P

p.s. i have created a batch file with the code inside, and putted the file also with the 7za.exe file into the AR directory, runned the batch file, then it finished, but there were also those two files inside the archive how do i exclude them from beeing putten in the archive?

Edited by maniaq

how are the things going Vid0, did yu find anything wrong in my ar703.msi file?? i don't even know if i have compressed it fully, could yu chek that?

btw maybe yu are interested in creating an office installer, i have started a topic where i explained how to so in herewhat do yu think of that?

Edited by maniaq