Ethernet Drivers Not Installing

Hello.

I'm having some trouble getting the ethernet drivers to install during an unattended installation of Windows XP.

I have placed the decompressed drivers in c:\$oem$\$1\drivers\net.

In the [unattend] section of my unattended.txt file I have a line which says "OEMPNPDRIVESPATH=drivers\net".

In the [Networking] section I have a line which says "InstallDefaultComponents=Yes".

However after the install is finished I check the device manager and see that the ethernet drivers did not install. Have I missed something? I've read the guide on this site (thanks to whoever wrote that by the way) and variouis pieces of Microsoft documentation and can't see anything obvious.

The ethernet drivers I'm trying to install is the HP NC10xx/67xx/77xx/150x/320x Gigabit Ethernet NIC Driver.

Installing them manually using the upgrade driver option from device manager works fine.

Anybody have any hints for me. They would be appreciated.

Thank you.

"OEMPNPDRIVESPATH=drivers\net"

it is incorrect to contain it all in a single set of quotes

The above is incorrect because of the quotation marks

either use the quotes like this:

"OEMPNPDRIVESPATH"="drivers\net"

or none at all. Quotes are required if you have a space in your path

like this: OEMPNPDRIVESPATH="drivers\ethernet drivers\net"

also, the OEMPNPDRIVESPATH must lead to the *.INF file

Shark

Hello.

The quotes are correct in my actual unattend.txt file, I just quoted in my post.

I also changed my $oem$ directory. So now I have a c:\$oem$\$1\drivers\net\ethernet directory which contains the decompressed driver files. In my unattend.txt file I still have the line

OEMPnPDriversPath=drivers\net

When I ran the installation again it still didn't work. Does anybody have any other hints?

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I told you before!!!

Please read the documentation more carefully!!

The folders specified in OemPnPDriversPath must contain all the files necessary to install the particular devices: catalog files, .inf files, and drivers.

If you have this files in c:\$oem$\$1\drivers\net\ethernet you must have the option like this:

OemPnPDriversPath=drivers\net\ethernet;...

NOTE: Assuming that inside c:\$oem$\$1\drivers\net\ethernet there isn't another folders with more drivers. In other words, in your ethernet folder you must have a .inf file and a .cat file and .sys .exes or other files.

Do you understand now?

Please search before post.

EDIT: My patience is endless.

1. Download the latest drivers from here: HP Official drivers

2. Uncompress it into a temp folder.

3. Copy only the files: q57win32.cat, q57win32.inf and q57xp32.sys to c:\$oem$\$1\drivers\net\HP

4. Edit your winnt.sif below the unattend section: OemPnPDriversPath=drivers\net\HP

5. Build your Cd.

6. Please, report results.