Bullet Images

I have created my Billboard but im having problems with my bullets. I'm not able to get rid of the background. Presently, the background is black. I tried modifying it using the magenta color(that is not suppose to show ) and using Articon Pro to make the black areas transparent. It works in the program but when i load it up in Resedit, it is replaced by a black background. here is the screenshot:

post-37745-1108559859_thumb.jpg

cant you make bmps transparent by saving the image as a png in photoshop with the transparent parts transparent, then open it in paint and save it as a 24 bit bmp in there?

least thats how i did my oem logo

These bullets are indexed colour, so saving as 24-bit bmps might corrupt the library; don't know as I haven't tried that yet.

I just changed the outside colurs in the index palette.

[EDIT]

You can add 24-bit images and even change the dimensions within reason. The trick is to ensure that you have a uniform background colour in the left bar and bottom right areas, then use those background colours in your bullets as suggested above.

• 4 weeks later...
cant you make bmps transparent by saving the image as a png in photoshop with the transparent parts transparent, then open it in paint and save it as a 24 bit bmp in there?

least thats how i did my oem logo

no thats impossible because when you convert a png file to bmp the transparent areas become either black or white.