Need Help With Xp Tablet Pc 2005 Ed.

I have a Toshiba Protege M200 tablet PC and I am trying to do a clean unattended install on it. My problem is that the M200 does not come with a CD/DVD drive. I have a CD/DVD drive attached via a USB cable but it is not recognized as bootable (a known problem with the M200 with no fix). Here are the different potential boot methods I have available to me:

(1) PXE boot via this method: PXE Boot M200

(2) SD memory card using Toshiba utility. The Toshiba utility lets me take any floppy disk image up to a size of 2.88mb and make it bootable on the SD card. If I have a 512mb SD card the remaining memory becomes my C drive and I am able to read the files that are stored on it.

(3) Compact Flash memory card via a PCMCIA adapter. There is an option to make it the first boot device but I have not figured out how to make the compact flash card bootable.

So what would be the easiest way to do a clean install of Windows XP Tablet PC 2005 edition on my M200 laptop with oen of the above 3 boot methods? I could potentially use DOS usb CD-ROM drivers to be able to see the CD Rom drive after booting the system using one of the three above methods.

Thank you in advance for any help provided!

- John

Joja15,

You have another option available that would be better than all these in my opinion and it's what we use when we install the Tablet Edition XP on to Tablets.

What about a USB external floppy drive using a network boot disk from either http://www.netbootdisk.com or http://www.nu2.nu/bootdisk/network/ either of these can auto detect the NIC and load the right drivers to boot to a network share. BTW - I found netbootdisk to work the best.

Good Luck - Hope this helps

That is actually what I am trying out right now. I booted to the netboot disk and then connected to a network share with the Tablet PC 2005 install disk. I then Fdisked and formated the C drive to a 1 GB partition. I am not copying the install disk over to the C drive on the laptop and then will run winnt.exe from the i386 folder. Hopefully that will work out and I will be done. :unsure:

- John