Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Unattend Install Prompts For Monitor Driver?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Nas001

Nas001

• 11 posts
I tried to upload it and got the following message:

"The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments."

I don't have any place to host it either. :(

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Bâshrat the Sneaky

aka Wim Leers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts
Use RapidShare! ;)

Nas001

Nas001

• 11 posts
Here it is....

KB883667

McDanger

McDanger
  • 9 posts
Thnx, but it's not there. I'm just getting a introduction screen of RapidShare. Can u try it again.

Many thanks.

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Bâshrat the Sneaky

aka Wim Leers

• 2,214 posts
I know it's confusing, I thought the same thing at first.

But you have to click the 'Free' button to continue ;)

McDanger

McDanger
  • 9 posts
That did the job. I guess I should read better... :blushing:

Now, I have a hotfix and realize that this doesn't help at all. During the Unattended Installation (AI) Windows will search for the available drivers. It will find the appropriate driver but the hotfix isn't installed yet.

I use Windows XP SP2 integrated and I install the hotfixes during app install fase. Hhhmm,....

Is there a way I can integrate the hotfix in the source? :huh:

McDanger

McDanger
  • 9 posts
And another example of reacting to quick... :blushing:

For anyone who had the same problem. Use:

WindowsXP-KB873333-x86-ENU.exe /integrate:C:\XPCD

Where C:\XPCD should be the path to your source dir.

I'll give it a go and post my outcome.

(It'll probably take some time a I now want to integrate all my hotfixes :thumbup )

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Bâshrat the Sneaky

aka Wim Leers

• 2,214 posts
Read this article.

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Bâshrat the Sneaky

aka Wim Leers

• 2,214 posts
@McDanger: that way it will probably NOT work, maybe in this case but... The way I just mentioned, it will ALWAYS work! ;)

EDIT: unless that hotfix of you isn't a driver of course...

Nas001

Nas001

• 11 posts
I was installing all my patches from svcpack.inf, but I used the /integrate switch to slipstream this one patch into my unattended install. It worked great and solved the monitor issue.

My company is now moving ahead with an SP2 rollout, so I will likely /integrate all of the patches in our next image.

Just an FYI,

McDanger

McDanger
  • 9 posts
I must say. I've now integrated nearly all my hotfixes, two wouldn't work, and it's working great. B)

Even the pop-up with the hardware wizard is gone now.

Many thanks guys.

mark49

mark49

• 23 posts
anyone has this hotfix of CHS version ?
thanks

ajbritton

ajbritton
  • 4 posts
I do RIS installs, and occasionally I get the odd PC that will appear to pause during a setup and ask for a driver, but in fact the installation continues behind the scenes with no user intervention actually required.

Nas001

Nas001

• 11 posts

I do RIS installs, and occasionally I get the odd PC that will appear to pause during a setup and ask for a driver, but in fact the installation continues behind the scenes with no user intervention actually required.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, that's what was happening with the setup I use. It prompted for the driver, and after about 4 minutes (yes, I timed it) it would continue on. It did pause setup during that time, which was unacceptable to my employer.

RogueSpear

RogueSpear

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,529 posts

It did pause setup during that time, which was unacceptable to my employer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An impatient fellow considering you've probably automated 90% of the setup process to begin with.

Nas001

Nas001

• 11 posts

It did pause setup during that time, which was unacceptable to my employer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An impatient fellow considering you've probably automated 90% of the setup process to begin with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe, but I like receiving my paycheck. :D The process is 99% automated, however it is quite lengthy (2-3 hours per machine) and used globally. They told me to resolve the issue, and I did. IMO, that's how employee/employer relationships are supposed to work. Besides, it wasn't difficult to contact Microsoft for the patch, once I realized there was a patch out there.

Nucleus

Nucleus

• PipPip
  • 267 posts
I have the same problem. During hardware detection, the «Found New Hardware» wizard pops up and asks me to click "Next" so that it can find the proper drivers for "Plug and Play Monitor" When I click "Next" it just installs it, without me having to do anything.

I was going to install KB883667 but then I read that this patch is for fixing windows from hanging while installing the video driver, which is not my case (http://support.micro...om/?kbid=883667). My setup does not hang, it just asks for the driver.

It seems that this problem mostly occurs on laptops. I am using an HP Compaq nx6110

Aid

Aid

• 44 posts
Is there any workaround yet? It only pops up when I intergrate my display drivers.. I have a Toshiba Equium m40x

RyanVM

RyanVM

Like a big surly teddy bear.

• 2,661 posts
If any of you feel like being a guinea pig, send me a PM and we can try to see if we can fix the problem.
RyanVM MSFN Files | RyanVM Forums
Please do not link directly to files on my site or modify/redistribute them without getting my permission first. Link to the above URL instead.
Current Update Pack Release: 2.2.2
(Released April 28, 2008)

BTW, 90% of what I say is kidding around. Don't take things so personally ;)

Aid

Aid

• 44 posts
I'm not exactly familiar with using the CMDLINES.TXT, but it mentions it gets parsed at T-12.
I dont know wether this prompt comes up for people who intergrate their Display drivers at the start of Gui Install but it is for me. :)
Couldn't you use CMDLINES.TXT to launch a batch file to install the Display drivers at T-12?
Would the;
[Display]
BitsPerPel=32
Xresolution=1280
YResolution=1024
Vrefresh=85
Still work?

I'll try it. :)

Edited by Aid, 24 February 2006 - 10:06 AM.

Nucleus

Nucleus

• PipPip
  • 267 posts
Well, today I tried intergrading KB883667 too. It wouldn't let me, since I already have SP2 and all the updates. So I guess there is no solution for this problem.

Nucleus

Nucleus

• PipPip
  • 267 posts
I am currently using the Drivers from CD: Simple Method, as suggested in this topic to solve the problem of the Unattend Install Prompting For Monitor Driver.

This is my winnt.sif

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
	AutoPartition=0
	MsDosInitiated="0"
	UnattendedInstall="Yes"
	AutomaticUpdates="Yes"

[Unattended]
	FileSystem=*
	UnattendMode=FullUnattended
	OemSkipEula=Yes
	OemPreinstall=Yes
	UnattendSwitch=Yes
	TargetPath=\WINDOWS
	DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[GuiUnattended]
	DetachedProgram=".\system32\cmd.exe"
	Arguments="/Q /C FOR /F %I IN (%SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\$WINNT$.INF) DO (FOR %J IN (%I$OEM$) DO (IF EXIST %J (start /min /D%J NirCmd.exe exec hide Drivers.cmd)))"
	AdminPassword=*
	EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
	OEMSkipRegional=1
	TimeZone=130
	OemSkipWelcome=1

[Display]
	Xresolution=800
	YResolution=600
	AutoConfirm=1

[UserData]
	ProductKey=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
	FullName="Windows XP"
	OrgName="Professional"
	ComputerName=Windows

[TapiLocation]
	CountryCode=357
	Dialing=Tone

[RegionalSettings]
	LanguageGroup=4
	SystemLocale=00000408
	UserLocale=00000408
	UserLocale_DefaultUser=00000408
	InputLocale=0408:00000408
	InputLocale_DefaultUser=0409:00000409

[Identification]
	JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]
	InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]
	msmsgs=off
	msnexplr=off

I have also tried installing KB883667 as suggested in this topic, no luck either, propably because I already have all the latest windows updates.

The problem of Unattend Install Prompting For Monitor Driver still exists though. What else can I try?

RyanVM

RyanVM

Like a big surly teddy bear.

• 2,661 posts
My next update pack will include KB883667, and I've heard reports from a few testers that it does indeed fix the problem. Stay tuned ;)
RyanVM MSFN Files | RyanVM Forums
Please do not link directly to files on my site or modify/redistribute them without getting my permission first. Link to the above URL instead.
Current Update Pack Release: 2.2.2
(Released April 28, 2008)

BTW, 90% of what I say is kidding around. Don't take things so personally ;)

Nucleus

Nucleus

• PipPip
  • 267 posts
You were right. KB883667 does work! I have no idea what was wrong with my I386, but as soon as I re-copied it from the CD to my HDD, and tried to slipstream KB883667, it all went very smooth. Then I did a fresh install on the laptop, and there were no popups asking for drivers. Perfect! :)

x9731091

x9731091
  • 9 posts
I was having the same problem (pausing during install while NHW looked for a monitor driver) so I followed http://support.micro....com/?id=814847 (supplied by Bashrat) to fix my unattended install running off a W2K3 RIS server with the kb883667 hotfix.

Bashrat, I'm not sure why integrating the hotfix would not work as you mentioned; I tested it and it worked fine. My understanding is that any hotfix can be integrated (I use the SVCPack method). The only reason I wouldn't integrate it is because it is easy for me to see what hotfixes have been applied using SVCPack and also allows me to remove a hotfix should I need to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN