Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Unattend Install Prompts For Monitor Driver?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

mbaker33

mbaker33
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 21-September 06
sorry to bring back a basicly dead thread, but I am really looking for an answer to this.

I have a Windows 2003 server running RIS which works great, unless there is an intel video card on the client computer. When the intel card is present, the prompt for monitor driver happens.

I downloaded the WindowsXP-KB883667-x86-enu.exe file posted above, but I cannot integrate it because I already have SP2 integrated in the build. Does anyone have any ideas? Or does anyone have a how-to on integrating the WindowsXP-KB883667-x86-enu.exe, maybe I missed something.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Victor

Victor
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 01-February 11
I just wanted to add that I had the same problem here. During the monitor driver install part, the popup for 'plug and play monitor' was showing up 2 or 3 times and you have to go through the prompts even though nothing was really accomplished by that because the drivers were self-installed anyway. Yes very frustrating. I was using an XP SP2 install CD for a DELL D620. The D620 does not have a specific driver for the monitor so the MS generic one is installed.

I tried all those suggestions for WINNT.SIF, those 2 driver signing settings to ignore, everything was set to full unattended and this problem was still popping up. Then I tried integrating SP3 into the install CD. This alone fixed this problem for me. I wanted to pass that along, it might work for someone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users