Cheap Case

shof515

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-171-039&depa=1

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-156-169&depa=1

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-192-013&depa=1

(I like this one bc of the cooling, you can use a nice 12cm fan)

Any way, this is just one shop on internet. I like this shop bc they have a lot of stuff for nice prices and not to forget it´s easy to find and look at products (nice pictures from mutiple vieuws).

Just brouwse around there... if you find some thing then post it, we will take a look at it and tell you what the cons and pros are ;)

PS, there cases start with 17 US$ or some thing...

Not bad, most of them build out of 0.7mm steel and a 300W (they say it can handle 400W some times :P) power supply.

If you want more then look at 60 US$ range cases, they are build out of 0.8mm steel and 350W power supplies that are not that bad.

90 US$ range, nice 1mm steel or aluminium with 400W power supplies ;)

So, it’s just like this, power and quality comes with a price. If you don’t want to pay more then 30 US$ then the links I gave are nice options; No fancy colours, no window, no other Christmas looks :P.

"Motherboard Compatibility: ATX Form Factor 12" x 10.5" or smaller"

It will fit ;). Hmm, this is your first time that you build your own computer?

I built a computer before,it was a pentium 2 400mhz with 128mb of ram and right now i am upgrading it to a pentium 3 650mhz,and it been years since i touched that computer,so i want to re-fresh my memmory

I was just wondering that.

It will be easy to upgrade from a PII to a PIII, they are similar and don’t require special things like different power supply, extra ventilation. It will be like rebuilding your PII system again. You will find a few new connectors on that new power supply, just don’t use them, they are for P4 and newer AMD systems ;) .

You will have enough power for your PIII and 4 hard drives by way of speaking, famer past you a nice link for telling witch power supply will suit your needs. Also he knows how to build computers, like I do, buy a case without a power supply and by a separate power supply that suits. Only problem is that it will be way more then 30 US$ ;).

I am removing all the parts thats currently on the PII,and upgrading them since all the parts are old and updated,this is what i am getting(just gotta wait from them to come in the mail)

Intel Pentium 3 CPU 650MHz Slot 1 Processor

3 Sticks 64MB Memory 168 Dimm Ram

CREATIVE LABS SOUND BLASTER CARD 32 BIT

D Link 10/100 Base LAN PCI Card Adapter

Creative SBS 250 Sound Blaster Speakers

nVidia TNT2 32Mb AGP Video Card

I know all of this is going to like remove and replace thing,since i had to do that once...However,when i had to replace the power supply once,i had problems re-connecting everything,thats why i was wondering

I can assembly nearly everything else,and screw everything down,but i just hate wiring up everything