Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Code Formatting

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,573 posts
  • Joined 13-October 04

Donator

Since the recent forum change over, I have noticed that HTML coding is being added to some code fragments, for an example try this.
As you will be aware, this could have nasty consequences if pasted in the registry.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

xper

xper

Insane Clown

• Administrator
  • 20,177 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01
Don't worry. Everything is under control.
Thanks anyway. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Become an MSFN Sponsor Now! Keep Up MSFN Running

Read MSFN Forum Rules
Not a member? Donate here!

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,573 posts
  • Joined 13-October 04

Donator

This issue still has not been resolved, could you please give us an indication of your progress!
<Edit>
Also whilst I'm here, I have noticed that many members are able to use formatting within the code tags such as underline, bold, colors etc. whereas if I try the same all I get are the tags. Is this dependant upon Guided & Normal Mode?, or is it Browser Dependant?, or some other reason?
TIA
</Edit>

Edited by Yzöwl, 17 May 2005 - 07:19 AM.

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,573 posts
  • Joined 13-October 04

Donator

Saw you on the forum...so bump!

xper

xper

Insane Clown

• Administrator
  • 20,177 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01
As I said before, don't worry about html code. As for bold, italic or underline you just need to click fx. B (right above http://), type your word and close tag.

Hope this help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read MSFN Forum Rules

Alanoll

Alanoll

CODE tags people, CODE tags!

• Patrons
  • 5,496 posts
  • Joined 25-September 03
most likely what Yzöwl is talking about would be

this rather then this.

[b]this[/b] rather then this.

Notice the difference? to use formatting options within a "code" tag, use the quote tags instead. Same formatting effect.
Welcome to the Forum! Please READ Me!!
Alright, that's it for the site for now. Now on to the next project....which could concievable replace the current site :)

xper

xper

Insane Clown

• Administrator
  • 20,177 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01
I see. My bad. Thanks Alanoll.

Read MSFN Forum Rules

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,573 posts
  • Joined 13-October 04

Donator

to use formatting options within a "code" tag, use the quote tags instead. Same formatting effect.

Now the headers are completely different colours, so how come I've never noticed all gunsmokingman's scripts in quote boxes...thanks :blushing:

Alanoll

Alanoll

CODE tags people, CODE tags!

• Patrons
  • 5,496 posts
  • Joined 25-September 03
all his posts that I've brought up use QUOTE tags, and not CODE tags. Relook at them again, and you'll see the difference in his post and mine above and you'll see they're QUOTE tags as well
Welcome to the Forum! Please READ Me!!
Alright, that's it for the site for now. Now on to the next project....which could concievable replace the current site :)

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,573 posts
  • Joined 13-October 04

Donator

Sorry for the misunderstanding Alanoll, that's what I was trying to say, I cannot believe that after all this time, I had not noticed, the difference. Especially after the last change over as highlighted in my above post, when there was a pronounced colour difference in the header of the boxes.

xper, does that mean it's in hand, or, 'we aint going to fix it', but don't worry!

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
I dont think anything is wrong at all! No need to fix anything! :)

QUOTE tags can parse BBcode and CODE tags will not - that's normal.....
Posted ImageCheers !!!   Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

Zxian

Zxian

Scroll up - see the Google bar?

• Super Moderator
  • 5,066 posts
  • Joined 30-September 04
I agree with prathapml in that having the Code tags accept BBcode might be a bad thing... there could be cases where your code needs square brackets (think of arrays in C/C++) and the BBcode tags would screw that up.

I'd just say leave things as is. :)

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,573 posts
  • Joined 13-October 04

Donator

I dont think anything is wrong at all!  No need to fix anything!  :)

If you click on the example link I gave in my first post, and possibly read back my message(s), you will see what I'm talking about, that needs fixing!

Code inside the 'code' boxes is being altered, most noticeable with hex strings in reg file code, i.e. in that example& #58;
& nbsp;
and improper line wrap

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,573 posts
  • Joined 13-October 04

Donator

'no answer, was the stern reply'

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,573 posts
  • Joined 13-October 04

Donator

Amazing, how it always goes quiet, at the strangest of times.

I'm not asking for an immediate fix, even though the problem was reported some time ago!

Just a 'we know but were not going to fix it ever', or a 'week', 'month' any substantial answer, regarding your intentions towards addressing the problem.

If you went to the doctor with a lump on your left testicle, and all he gave you was a 'don't worry'. Then after over a month you go back, and thats all he tells you again...

...well I don't know about you, but I think I'd be starting to worry!

XPerties

XPerties

MSFN OG Senior

• Patrons
  • 2,994 posts
  • Joined 18-August 01
Dude if you think MSFN is your left testicle then you really need to get out more often. Since no one else can tell you the truth in a more understanding way than I'll take the job.....

There is NOTHING WRONG with this forum. If you think there is then go here http://forums.invisionpower.com and complain. They are the creators. MSFN doesn't have time to look at something that doesn't need fixing.

So in closing, your left testicle is fine if you would just stop playing with it and understand most testicles are all the same.

You want some Glock with that?
★ :::: Xbox Live GamerTag = ScreamingSkulls

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,573 posts
  • Joined 13-October 04

Donator

There is NOTHING WRONG with this forum. If you think there is then go here http://forums.invisionpower.com and complain. They are the creators. MSFN doesn't have time to look at something that doesn't need fixing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So if i understand right:

Don't worry. Everything is under control.
Thanks anyway.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and

As I said before, don't worry about html code.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

means that there is nothing wrong!

Also, does that mean that the writers of the forum software think that it's normal for a code box to not display code without converting characters and thereby completely changing the code contained within!

I don't need to 'get out more', I asked a question and received a prompt reply, as quoted, which suggests that the problem was being looked at.
I prompted again when, after a reasonable amount of time, (a month), no change had occured to the contrary of my understood initial reply.
Should I have received an initial or even secondary reply from xper along the lines of, 'we are aware of this issue, but unfortunately, the matter lies with the forum software writers; they have been made aware of it and we hope for a solution in the near future'
the thread would have ended there.
Thank you

XPerties

XPerties

MSFN OG Senior

• Patrons
  • 2,994 posts
  • Joined 18-August 01
What do you think you are a client of MSFN and xper needs to answer you. The man has more important things to do like take care of his family then worry or answer to anyone on this forum.

Back off dude and relax. They/he owes you no reply.

You want some Glock with that?
★ :::: Xbox Live GamerTag = ScreamingSkulls

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,573 posts
  • Joined 13-October 04

Donator

I apologise for thinking that posting to the 'site and forum issues group' would be an opportunity for the site and forum people to deal with issues.

Although I'm sure that no antagonism was meant from yourself, calling people 'dude', to me is a lack of disrespect. Also putting words into capitals to say that nothing is wrong, when there clearly is, as proven by many code boxes throughout the forum, does appear a little antagonistic.

I'm sorry for wasting peoples precious time, and I will try not to post any further issues to you again.

xper

xper

Insane Clown

• Administrator
  • 20,177 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01
Everything is fine with forums. Nothing wrong in here.
Read my first reply in this thread.

Closed

Read MSFN Forum Rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users