Code Formatting

Yzöwl

• 2 months later...

This issue still has not been resolved, could you please give us an indication of your progress!

<Edit>

Also whilst I'm here, I have noticed that many members are able to use formatting within the code tags such as underline, bold, colors etc. whereas if I try the same all I get are the tags. Is this dependant upon Guided & Normal Mode?, or is it Browser Dependant?, or some other reason?

TIA

</Edit>

Edited by Yzöwl

As I said before, don't worry about html code. As for bold, italic or underline you just need to click fx. B (right above http://), type your word and close tag.

Hope this help.

most likely what Yzöwl is talking about would be

this rather then this.

[b]this[/b] rather then this.

Notice the difference? to use formatting options within a "code" tag, use the quote tags instead. Same formatting effect.

to use formatting options within a "code" tag, use the quote tags instead. Same formatting effect.
Now the headers are completely different colours, so how come I've never noticed all gunsmokingman's scripts in quote boxes...thanks :blushing:

all his posts that I've brought up use QUOTE tags, and not CODE tags. Relook at them again, and you'll see the difference in his post and mine above and you'll see they're QUOTE tags as well

Sorry for the misunderstanding Alanoll, that's what I was trying to say, I cannot believe that after all this time, I had not noticed, the difference. Especially after the last change over as highlighted in my above post, when there was a pronounced colour difference in the header of the boxes.

xper, does that mean it's in hand, or, 'we aint going to fix it', but don't worry!

I agree with prathapml in that having the Code tags accept BBcode might be a bad thing... there could be cases where your code needs square brackets (think of arrays in C/C++) and the BBcode tags would screw that up.

I'd just say leave things as is. :)

I dont think anything is wrong at all!  No need to fix anything!  :)
If you click on the example link I gave in my first post, and possibly read back my message(s), you will see what I'm talking about, that needs fixing!

Code inside the 'code' boxes is being altered, most noticeable with hex strings in reg file code, i.e. in that example

• & #58;
    & nbsp;
    and improper line wrap

Amazing, how it always goes quiet, at the strangest of times.

I'm not asking for an immediate fix, even though the problem was reported some time ago!

Just a 'we know but were not going to fix it ever', or a 'week', 'month' any substantial answer, regarding your intentions towards addressing the problem.

If you went to the doctor with a lump on your left testicle, and all he gave you was a 'don't worry'. Then after over a month you go back, and thats all he tells you again...

...well I don't know about you, but I think I'd be starting to worry!