Game Consoles

Muaitai

what is the best game console for you?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. what is the best game console for you?

• PlayStation 2
    • Xbox
    • GameCube

and for what reason does Nintendo "suck" these days? due to these new "violent" & "non-kiddy" games that dont come in with the GC?

No, violent games are not what i consder to be a great game....

Sony gives us, the gaming people, what we want - for the most part. Unlike the same boring ideas from a stale company nintendo.

Nintendo may have been one of the longest trends I have ever seen in the gaming industry.....

"However, nintendo is the last company you would want to talk to concerning the industry. They are not in touch with the average, adult gamer. They do not understand the importance of online gaming. They do not understand the importance of consoles that do more than play games. They do not understand the importance of deep, complex and challenging games."

"They believe quick, shallow and simple games, fun for all ages, is what the market wants. That’s fine, for Nintendos market."

- http://www.gamersmark.com/editorials/view/139/

lol, could not have said it better myslef!

The gaming people are getting bored of "nintendo games". Maybe if see something impressive with the new codename "revolution", then just maybe i'll get one when i have kids later on... maybe.

Long story short:

Nintendo did make some really great "cool kiddy games"; Samus, Mario, Zelda and Donkey Kong. StarFox was ok too.

But not to forget that horrible barney box looking thing with a purse handle.... yuck!

No iam not pro anything really, well except PC games.... ha. But every consol has a great feature and is missing some great features as well.

"The main point is, Nintendo continues to come up with stupid move after stupid move, backed up by retard reasoning and more retard reasoning."

and for what reason does Nintendo "suck" these days? due to these new "violent" & "non-kiddy" games that dont come in with the GC?

No, violent games are not what i consder to be a great game....

Sony gives us, the gaming people, what we want - for the most part. Unlike the same boring ideas from a stale company nintendo.

Nintendo may have been one of the longest trends I have ever seen in the gaming industry.....

"However, nintendo is the last company you would want to talk to concerning the industry. They are not in touch with the average, adult gamer. They do not understand the importance of online gaming. They do not understand the importance of consoles that do more than play games. They do not understand the importance of deep, complex and challenging games."

"They believe quick, shallow and simple games, fun for all ages, is what the market wants. That’s fine, for Nintendos market."

lol, could not have said it better myslef!

The gaming people are getting bored of "nintendo games". Maybe if see something impressive with the new codename "revolution", then just maybe i'll get one when i have kids later on... maybe.

Long story short:

Nintendo did make some really great "cool kiddy games"; Samus, Mario, Zelda and Donkey Kong. StarFox was ok too.

But not to forget that horrible barney box looking thing with a purse handle.... yuck!

No iam not pro anything really, well except PC games.... ha. But every consol has a great feature and is missing some great features as well.

"The main point is, Nintendo continues to come up with stupid move after stupid move, backed up by retard reasoning and more retard reasoning."

Well Im a gaming person and i dont want their $h1t load of music players and dvd players, they are turning the future PS3 into like some vcr that plays games. not to mention how much it will cost. and i dont think nintendo continues to come up with a stupid move with a retarted backed reasoning. the truth is Sony cant make games for crap. all they can do is hardware, not much software. You may think Nintendo is boring, but there is still many many fans out there who still like their ideas. and Nintendo is the 1st company you should talk about concerning the industry because, they are the only ones making money. while Sony and Microsoft(doesnt affect em much) loose money. and Sony doesnt touch the average adult gamer either. and if they dont understand the importance of online gaming, then why will the DS have wifi connection + Hotspots? Gamecube can go online, im sure of it because i did it. you just dont know how. thats all. they also have complex games that are challenging. lets see, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess which is coming soon, Tales Of Symphonia, etc. you just dont know unless you know alot about Nintendo, ive known about sony, i had a ps1 and ps2, i threw them away because they are worthless junk. if sony lost most of their 3rd party developers, Sony is out of the gaming industry. on the other hand i think Microsoft is doing pretty well since they are a computer type company. maybe some day microsoft might kick Nintendo out of the competition, but im sure Sony couldnt. and what do you mean they dont know the importance of consoles rather than playing games, look at the DS, no other gaming handheld can use a touch screen.

think about it.

and look at the future consoles, eveyone is already picking what they want thats coming out at the end of this year and next year and everyones already deciding what to get based on specs. <_<

and oh yea, just because a group amount of people think Nintendo "sucks" doesnt mean they really suck, same with me, even though i think Sony sucks doesnt mean they really suck, i just KNOW Nintendo is more better =P.

Edited by BombaTwist

Well Im a gaming person and i dont want their $h1t load of music players and dvd players, they are turning the future PS3 into like some vcr that plays games. not to mention how much it will cost.

i totally agree with you on that one, I hate Sony's Proprietary sh1t just as much or more! (but there CD mp3 players are great and low cost with avg sound quality)

I think Sony is trying to hard to come up with ideas for the PS3 in a way that they want to make an ALL IN ONE Home Ent. device. Which might be cool for some ppl who don't have anything else or want a PC, but I for one is a gamer too, and i don't want an all in one piece of crap i paid $300.00+ for.... I just want to play games. Sony should stick to one thing, making games and improving them.

Nintendo is the 1st company you should talk about concerning the industry because, they are the only ones making money. while Sony and Microsoft(doesnt affect em much) loose money. and Sony doesnt touch the average adult gamer either.

Really, then why is Sony so successful at selling Playstation? Why do they have better games and have out sold XBox and Nintendo?

if they dont understand the importance of online gaming, then why will the DS have wifi connection + Hotspots? Gamecube can go online, im sure of it because i did it. you just dont know how. thats all.

Not out of the box it can't, and how many 7yr olds can hack a Nintendo? (just wait for the year 2010 - it will happen, lol)

Why would I want to waste my time adding a net connection to a consol i won't use :)

they also have complex games that are challenging. lets see, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess which is coming soon, Tales Of Symphonia, etc. you just dont know unless you know alot about Nintendo, ive known about sony, i had a ps1 and ps2, i threw them away because they are worthless junk.

LOL - "Twilight Princess which is coming soon." Then how do you know? (hehe)

i wouldn't consider Legend of Zelda a challenging complex game, maybe a very long frustrating game.... but a good long frustrating game for kids...

I grew up around Nintendo, played Nintendo, and had many games for Nintendo. Nintendo was my second best friend growing up.... so how could you say i don't know Nintendo? get real man, are you pro active Nintendo or something /}~*?

You threr away your PS's??!!!! You don't know quality when you see it. :o

if sony lost most of their 3rd party developers, Sony is out of the gaming industry. on the other hand i think Microsoft is doing pretty well since they are a computer type company. maybe some day microsoft might kick Nintendo out of the competition, but im sure Sony couldnt.

Granted, if any company lost all thier 3rd party developers or even some of them they would not be able to do much of anything, hence it takes more then one company to make a full game ;)

So you say M$ can kick out Nintendo, but not Sony? Well that could go both ways really, but funny how all of a suden your support for Nintendo has gotten smaller :P

and what do you mean they dont know the importance of consoles rather than playing games, look at the DS, no other gaming handheld can use a touch screen.

think about it.

Honestly the touchscreen pad has a slow response and eats up more batteries. On top of that most gamers don't seem to be interested in that feature, touchscreen while playing a game is unconvenient. IMO

The sony PSP has a much better screen and layout of the software, not to forget the functionality it has so greatly to offer, not including the price tag of course.....

and look at the future consoles, eveyone is already picking what they want thats coming out at the end of this year and next year and everyones already deciding what to get based on specs. dry.gif

System specs don't really prove anything when it comes to consols.... just look at the XBOX and compare it to the PS2, compare the PS2 to the GameCube, you still get a decent picture even though the GameCube uses a "Flipper" chip whistling.gif

~~ GPU Speed ~~

GameCube: 202.5MHZ

PS2: 147.456MHZ

XBOX: 233MHZ

and oh yea, just because a group amount of people think Nintendo "sucks" doesnt mean they really suck, same with me, even though i think Sony sucks doesnt mean they really suck, i just KNOW Nintendo is more better =P.

LOL, ok so you really like your buddy Nintendo, big deal! I really like PC games. But just because someone pokes fun of a system, title or what not, you say;

ok that almost p***ed me off right there, people always pick on nintendo just because they dont like games that are for E=EVERYONE not KIDDY.

dude you need some anger managment laugh.gif

L8-

I think Sony is trying to hard to come up with ideas for the PS3 in a way that they want to make an ALL IN ONE Home Ent. device. Which might be cool for some ppl who don't have anything else or want a PC, but I for one is a gamer too, and i don't want an all in one piece of crap i paid $300.00+ for.... I just want to play games. Sony should stick to one thing, making games and improving them.

Sony's big mistake is EXACTLY in trying to make PS3 an "all in one" device. The trouble, historically, with all in one's is that they do *everything* in a very mediocre way. Just look at developer's discussing the CELL: They call it a disappointment. Apple reviewed the CELL before choosing Intel, and Job's himself called it "lackluster", "a disappointment", and said that it would "not even perform as well as existing G5 CPU's". In other words, CELL is marketing hype, nothing more, just like the so-called "Emotion Engine", which as we all saw, was a JOKE.

Nintendo is the 1st company you should talk about concerning the industry because, they are the only ones making money. while Sony and Microsoft(doesnt affect em much) loose money. and Sony doesnt touch the average adult gamer either.

Really, then why is Sony so successful at selling Playstation? Why do they have better games and have out sold XBox and Nintendo?

They've sold well due to excellent marketing, pure and simple. The PS2 was inferior to both gamecube and XBox from a hardware perspective. They do NOT, on the whole, have better games, not by a long shot. In 100% of cases where the same game is on multiple platforms, the gamecube and XBox versions are clearly superior. What Sony's had going for them, however, were a lot of developers doing exclusive content. In the upcoming war, they've already lost a HUGE number of key exclusive developers, including Square, Konami and Rockstar, who will all be making games for XBox 360.

if they dont understand the importance of online gaming, then why will the DS have wifi connection + Hotspots? Gamecube can go online, im sure of it because i did it. you just dont know how. thats all.

Not out of the box it can't, and how many 7yr olds can hack a Nintendo? (just wait for the year 2010 - it will happen, lol)

Why would I want to waste my time adding a net connection to a consol i won't use :)

Actually, the DS *is* online capable "out of the box". The GC is not, that's true. Of course, neither is the PS2 (or rather, it wasn't during the first FOUR YEARS of it's life). If you'll recall, Sony claimed, during Dreamcast's day, that there was no market for online gaming. They derided Sega's built-in online gaming capabilities and claimed their (faux) hardware superiority. In the end, we have seen clearly that PS2 was no more capable than Dreamcast, and in fact the few games that both consoles got early on *still* look better than their PS2 equivelents.

they also have complex games that are challenging. lets see, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess which is coming soon, Tales Of Symphonia, etc. you just dont know unless you know alot about Nintendo, ive known about sony, i had a ps1 and ps2, i threw them away because they are worthless junk.

LOL - "Twilight Princess which is coming soon." Then how do you know? (hehe)

i wouldn't consider Legend of Zelda a challenging complex game, maybe a very long frustrating game.... but a good long frustrating game for kids...

I grew up around Nintendo, played Nintendo, and had many games for Nintendo. Nintendo was my second best friend growing up.... so how could you say i don't know Nintendo? get real man, are you pro active Nintendo or something /}~*?

You threr away your PS's??!!!! You don't know quality when you see it. :o

While I wouldn't toss my PS (there are a number of good games), neither would I toss my GC. There are numerous excellent games for GC, including Zelda: The Wind Waker (you won't find a better animated game on ANY console), Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Animal Crossing (my GF loves it), Tales of Symphonia and many others. In fact, it's very fare to say that Nintendo has a MUCH higher percentage of good games than Sony has. Whereas probably 80% of Nintendo's library is worth owning and keeping, only maybe 30-40% of Sony's library is worth the plastic it's burned on. Don't get me wrong, there are some very good games (Final Fantasys, though PS2 has *sorely* underdelivered on that series; Metal Gear Solid, etc.) but as a whole, most of the PS2 library is mediocre.

if sony lost most of their 3rd party developers, Sony is out of the gaming industry. on the other hand i think Microsoft is doing pretty well since they are a computer type company. maybe some day microsoft might kick Nintendo out of the competition, but im sure Sony couldnt.

Granted, if any company lost all thier 3rd party developers or even some of them they would not be able to do much of anything, hence it takes more then one company to make a full game ;)

No, single company developers are who make games. The games don't usually get farmed out all over the place, at least not in the case of major studios. The point is, though, that Sony's not owned the market based on *it's* games, they've owned it based on third party support from the likes of Square, Konami and Rockstar. In a bit of bad news for Sony in the upcoming generation, all three of these companies have announced support for XBox 360. With these major players--and many others--now going multiplatform, Sony's advantage has dropped dramatically.

and what do you mean they dont know the importance of consoles rather than playing games, look at the DS, no other gaming handheld can use a touch screen.

think about it.

Honestly the touchscreen pad has a slow response and eats up more batteries. On top of that most gamers don't seem to be interested in that feature, touchscreen while playing a game is unconvenient. IMO

The sony PSP has a much better screen and layout of the software, not to forget the functionality it has so greatly to offer, not including the price tag of course.....

Actually the touch screen is *very* responsive and it *doesn't* eat batteries. You may not know this, but the DS's battery runs the system for 3-4 times longer than the PSP will run on its batteries. The PSP DOES have a nicer screen (though touch would be preferable) but the software sucks a**. It's nothing but a bunch of ports of PS2 games. Pathetic, really. Take into account that the PSP is sold as a 333Mhz machine and yet it's currently hardware locked at 222Mhz to conserve battery life, and you'll see even more of why PSP is a disappointment.

It's also fun to go into a store 4 MONTHS after the PSP launch and see that they are *still* trying to sell those initial 1 million units. Of course, when you're so incredibly out of touch with the market that you demand $300+ out of consumers just to get out of the store with the system and ONE game, which you have to buy separately, it's no wonder the PSP has limp sale and the DS continues to outsell it worldwide.

and look at the future consoles, eveyone is already picking what they want thats coming out at the end of this year and next year and everyones already deciding what to get based on specs. dry.gif

System specs don't really prove anything when it comes to consols.... just look at the XBOX and compare it to the PS2, compare the PS2 to the GameCube, you still get a decent picture even though the GameCube uses a "Flipper" chip whistling.gif

~~ GPU Speed ~~

GameCube: 202.5MHZ

PS2: 147.456MHZ

XBOX: 233MHZ

No, specs don't prove much (though don't tell that to the drooling PS3 fans who are still jerking off to Sony's misleading hype about Cell), games do. And in 100% of cases where a game exists on all three platforms, PS2's version looks the worst. THAT proves a lot.

LOL, ok so you really like your buddy Nintendo, big deal! I really like PC games. But just because someone pokes fun of a system, title or what not, you say;

ok that almost p***ed me off right there, people always pick on nintendo just because they dont like games that are for E=EVERYONE not KIDDY.

dude you need some anger managment laugh.gif

L8-

All in all, it's not productive or helpful to be a FANBOY, and you guys need to get grips. Sony sells a lot of consoles, but that's not because of superior hardware or software, it's because of superior *marketing*. Emotion Engine is a JOKE, and everyone except the fanboys and Ken Kutaragi get that. We can tell just by looking at the games that never, ever looked *anything* like Toy Story in spite of Sony's lies. MS and Nintendo have brought a LOT of quality and innovation to this generation that would not have been there if Sony were in charge of the whole market. From the looks of things, their market share is about to get a whole lot smaller, too.

Jason

Thank you Jason, I was getting a lil annoyed there but you said it all for me heh. I am admittedly a Nintendo fanboy at heart since I've grown up with them all my life, but I at least have an open mind about things so I can see whats going on and comment about it.

I'd just like to ask Blam-O what his favourite games are that Sony have developed. What games have Sony developed that you or the mass PS2 audience absolutely love?

Sony rely on 3rd Party developers to bring the best software out for their consoles. Granted, Nintendo doesn't have a great deal of 3rd party support, because they dont really need it as bad as Sony when the quality of their own brand games outshines alot of stuff out there today. Yes they use the same franchises over and over again but no way at all do they make the same games over and over. Also, any of the 3rd party support Nintendo does have, is working brilliantly for them as it is, Capcom and Squaresoft should be the only allies Nintendo need! Hmm... throw Konami in that mix too!

Call this a crazed fanboy's opinion but I do think the following is solid fact:

Nintendo suck at advertising, of course they do, the european and western markets are scared of innovation where as the east lap it up. If Nintendo got their act together and showed the Gamecube and Revolution for what it really is, they would blow Sony and Microsoft into the dust.

i kinda agree with you there lylo, but Nintendo might suck at advertising, but they are still in the game. they are not the "media" type company like Sony is, thats why they dont advertise well, not that its a bad thing but its better for Nintendo to concentrate on one thing. Nintendo is all about gaming, no need for all that media on a console if it has nothing to do with gaming.

:( , you FANBoys kill everything fun......

you take something simple and turn it around backwards out soo much that it is no longer consderd FUN to anyone anymore....

I won't even bother quoting your comments, this thread is way too long and is becoming exhausting to read and reply back to..... with that said :whistle: .....

.... I like PS, Xbox, Nintendo, Sega, Atari, heck i even like some games on the MAC OS!!

But I don't HATE/LOVE anyone of them to the point that i revolve my life around it. (exp> star wars freaks)

All the above systems i mentioned above and others;

all added something to the gaming industry. Whether it was a lot or even a little is an entire thread in itself :)

The main point is, relaxe guys, i was only giving *my opinion*, not the whole worlds :rolleyes:

As much fun is it is to comment on these opinions and facts/theories about this 'Who is Better' when it comes to games will never end. There is a lot to throw on the table from many different sources and *opinions*. All in all i still think Nintendo could do much better at what they do - bottom line~.

Conclusion:

If you have fun playing it, enjoy it, and like it to the extent that even though you paid $$ for it, you still like it - that is a game worth having and keeping. imo.