Game Consoles

Muaitai

what is the best game console for you?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. what is the best game console for you?

• PlayStation 2
    • Xbox
    • GameCube

Playstation 2 gets my vote. Sure, the graphics on the XBox may be better but keep in mind it has a whole year of extra technology in it. I am a BIG RPG fan, and te XBox just doesn't have enough to make me go out and waste my money on it.

if we don't talk about some "projects" like linux kit for ps2, you can: of course play your favorite game backups, watch divx/xvid movies with a player stored on your MC, use a HD device with store possibilities (games, savegames...), play master system snes amiga neogeo cd... roms using emulators, you can even use (some of) your usb keyboard/mouse/gamepad on your ps2!

Well, I asked because compared to Xbox PS2 is only for games.. I got media center (divx, xvid, quicktime etc.) connected to internet with ftp and http server, 120GB disk and few other things... With mouse and keyboard of course. Every morning I am reading RSS feeds during breakfast and listening to internet radios...

ill stick with my playstation. i got a computer with good speakers (probably better then the tvs i have here), dvd player, internet, games, and all i need. why would i need an xbox to do the same thing? plus, what games are you gonna play? the only one really is Halo or Halo 2. get a ps2 with network adaptor, and that all you need (if you own a computer, and im assuming you do if you in the Microsoft forum network)

soulin: I was really disappointed by Fable. They pushed that it was an "online" game and that got me really excited. I almost bought an XBox because of that. But when it came down to it Fable was only "Online aware" meaning that it downloaded stuff from the net but it was not an online game at all. I feel they lied to market Fable. I'm a big Final Fantasy XI fan, but I played that on my PC.

XBox gets a vote from me.. Personaly I love Fable, Baldurs gate 2, Halo 1 & 2 and DoA.. I would probably be just as happy if I had Playstation 2, but Xbox is good enough for me.. :yes:

Ah, I played only singleplayer Fable and didnt notice any suggestion there should be mutliplayer...

BTW I love Xbox - I was big enemy of consoles long time ago... And then I found xbox next to trash can, repaired it (US power adapter in european network), modify it (thats the reason I love xbox - even it is from Microsoft, it is absolutely modifiable, now I am working on using powerglow to control dashboard).

2hamstar: Read it through - it wrote someone who probably never saw xbox and hate it (for unknown reason) - if U compare xbox and ps2, this R facts:

Xbox is stronger, with better graphics and more customizable (which is in my opinion advantage). Disadvantages is just few games R released every month :(

PS2 is older, but have MUCH more games.