Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Setup Slideshow

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

mediapla

mediapla

Junior

• Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 08-November 04
Now i have tried it. But it doesnt run. It starts the second line after the driver install but.... The file (*.hta) is looking for a linked program (... Select a program from the list) and in the list i have only Notepad.....whats going wrong ?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

websee

websee

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 25-September 04
try
%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\mshta.exe "%yourpath%\slideshow.hta"

mediapla

mediapla

Junior

• Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 08-November 04
I tried this, but it doesnt run. Have put some "pause" in the detached.cmd to see how it runs....no function, no error message...im going creazy...
Have canceled deteched.cmd (STRG+C) and start the slideshow manually at the prompt...the same problem....

mediapla

mediapla

Junior

• Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 08-November 04
...but if i start slideshow.hta after the installation it runs fine...

stasys44

stasys44

• PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Joined 14-June 04
Neither for me.

The same problem

websee

websee

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 25-September 04
i really do not know what is wrong, but i read the forums a bit, and there are really a lot people complaining about detachedprogran not working. i do not know what could be the reason for it. i cannot imagine, that it depends on different xp-cds, and unfortunately ref.chm does not say anything about it. sorry, but i cannot say what to do, it works for me and i do not have any xp-installation that is not working to test it.

before you try to configure the slideshow you should make sure detachedprogram works for you.

kmosh

kmosh

• 10 posts
  • Joined 24-July 04
Hi,
I would realy appriciate someone to post slideshow.hta file.
How should it look like?
I looked at wpi.hta and there is no filelist.js file.
Or even better if a link to the complete files for the slideshow would be provided...
Thanks,
Kmosh.

websee

websee

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 25-September 04
have you tryed looking at the very first post? you didn? the you should...
http://www.msfn.org/...showtopic=40484
there is an attachment in my very first post containing all needed slideshow files and my original instructions.

kmosh

kmosh

• 10 posts
  • Joined 24-July 04
Sorry, missed it first time. thanks websee

mediapla

mediapla

Junior

• Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 08-November 04
..it doesnt run. Habe tried some configurations, load pictures from harddisk, dvd - no function. But now im play a little animation film on detached.cmd and mp3 files with cmdlines.txt .... "multimedia setup"....

Gee

Gee

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 31-October 03
Great Idea. Looks like most of the problems people are having are User Error. So, I think I can simplify things. I have changed one of Websee's files (hope you don't mind) in order to simplify things. Currently he runs the slide show from the CD or DVD. It is better to copy the files onto the hard drive and just run it from the install directory.

First, open your winnt.sif file and add

[GuiUnattended]
DetachedProgram="%systemdrive%\install\slide\slideshow.cmd"

Create a folder called Slide in your Install folder. Now download the attached file, unZIP it and copy all the files into

$OEM$\$\Install\Slide\

After that is done. Select all your slideshow images and copy them into the same folder.

$OEM$\$\Install\Slide\

Name them image01.jpg, image02.jpg, image03.jpg etc. Be sure to edit filelist.js to reflect all your images.

Burn the CD. Post your results.

Attached Files

websee

websee

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 25-September 04
no, i have no problem with that, you are free to change and post changed versions as long as you know what you are doing and give me a credit ;)

..it doesnt run. Habe tried some configurations, load pictures from harddisk, dvd - no function. But now im play a little animation film on detached.cmd and mp3 files with cmdlines.txt .... "multimedia setup"....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have thought of another thing: did u use nlite to remove any windows components? perhaps this could be the case

• 28 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Great Idea.  Looks like most of the problems people are having are User Error.  So, I think I can simplify things.  I have changed one of Websee's files (hope you don't mind) in order to simplify things.  Currently he runs the slide show from the CD or DVD.  It is better to copy the files onto the hard drive and just run it from the install directory.

First, open your winnt.sif file and add

[GuiUnattended]
DetachedProgram="%systemdrive%\install\slide\slideshow.cmd"

Create a folder called Slide in your Install folder.  Now download the attached file, unZIP it and copy all the files into

$OEM$\$\Install\Slide\

After that is done.  Select all your slideshow images and copy them into the same folder. 

$OEM$\$\Install\Slide\

Name them image01.jpg, image02.jpg, image03.jpg  etc.  Be sure to edit filelist.js to reflect all your images.

Burn the CD.  Post your results.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your method does not work either. I've try everything I can think of but, it just does not work. ARghhh!

Did yours work?

Dare_Devil

Dare_Devil
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 20-July 05
men that whas cool i am gonna try this one. Thanks

SaintLaur

SaintLaur

• 30 posts
  • Joined 26-February 05
@websee - You say "did u use nlite to remove any windows components? perhaps this could be the case". Do you know wich components from Windows are perhaps responsible for not working this slideshow ?

Edited by SaintLaur, 22 November 2005 - 08:52 AM.

TRuLLi

TRuLLi

• 30 posts
  • Joined 18-November 04
nice work both websee and Gee, thnx for this :) what about making this topic sticky?
(\/)
(O.o)
(&amp;gt;&amp;lt;
/_|_\

Copy the bunny to your siggy to help him achieve world domination

muiz

muiz

SPECIAL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Joined 03-August 03
doesnt work also :blink:

bobthenob

bobthenob

• PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 25-November 05
hi this is a great app
but ive read throug every page of this thread and i cant get it to run nothing runs under the
unattended gui
tryed a cmd window that wont run.
must be somthing missing from my windows cd will try with another when i can borrow one from my son
shame this is just what i wanted as for the people wanting animations how about sevral screens ran quickly as you can set the rate to what ever you like

dzed

dzed
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 21-November 05
my test
w2k = true
xp sp 1 = true
xp sp 1a = true
xp sp 2 oem = true
xp sp 2 ce = fals
for xp corporat edition not work

but THX for this work

amit_talkin

amit_talkin

Experienced

• PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05
i think the biggest problem is "image location"..

caz suppose u have images inj your "$OEM$\$1\Images\" folder....then how will u define your path???? we cant set path as "x:\$OEM$\$1\Images\" ( where "x" is your CD rom) because setup.hta will not identify path of CD rom...because for all users ...CD rom path is not same as "x" ...it may be "y" or "z" etc!!!

for example....i have cd drive as "H"...so my "images" folder will in "H:\$OEM$\$1\images\" ..ok

so my path of images in "filelist.js" is

"H:\$OEM$\$1\images\images1.jpg",
"H:\$OEM$\$1\images\images2.jpg",
"H:\$OEM$\$1\images\images3.jpg",

etc..

but when i will put the cd into another CD drive " I" ...then this path will be useless...caz now CD drive path is "I"......so it wont work like this way...we have to use variables like "%systemdrive%" OR "%CDROM%"...etc...but i think this type of variables are not supported by JAVA SCRIPTS!!!

m i right??
Primary - Q9450@3.6GHz | 8GB G.Skill 1000MHz | Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 F3b mobo. | 1.5TB Storage | Sappgire HD4890 | HomeMade H2O Kit | Antec NeoPower Blue 650w
Secondary - E8400 3.00@ 4.05GHz | 4 GB Crucial Ballistix | ASUS P5B Deluxe mobo. | 250GB Storage | Sapphire Toxic HD4850 512MB | OCZ Vendetta2 CPU Cooler | Coolermaster 500w

nickishappy

nickishappy
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 05-February 06
Wouldn't there be a way to get video to work if you used a small player that ran almost independantly, like say media player classic? you could copy media player classic to the hard drive then run a batchfile, call it playvideo.cmd, to start media player classic from DetachedProgram?

This sounds like it would work and I plan on trying it out but let me know what you guys think.

Of course the video file will have to be something windows can play without needing codecs.
Life is music. Live a fun one, listen to SKA

amit_talkin

amit_talkin

Experienced

• PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05
well..it is nice idea...but have u tried it???
Primary - Q9450@3.6GHz | 8GB G.Skill 1000MHz | Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 F3b mobo. | 1.5TB Storage | Sappgire HD4890 | HomeMade H2O Kit | Antec NeoPower Blue 650w
Secondary - E8400 3.00@ 4.05GHz | 4 GB Crucial Ballistix | ASUS P5B Deluxe mobo. | 250GB Storage | Sapphire Toxic HD4850 512MB | OCZ Vendetta2 CPU Cooler | Coolermaster 500w

mediapla

mediapla

Junior

• Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 08-November 04
@nickishappy:

you cant run a video with Media Player Classic at detached command (T39) It doesnt run. Maybe it runs at T33/32. But you can bink a video file to a self running exe. This will work at T39, but without sound. Look at here http://www.msfn.org/...showtopic=59510. Hope you understand, what i mean.

amit_talkin

amit_talkin

Experienced

• PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05
hmmm..but how to use bink player to start the video??

mediapla

mediapla

Junior

• Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 08-November 04
you dont need the bink player. You must bink the wmv or avi and then convert to a self running exe-file. This file can you start direct in detachedprogram or with a cmd file in detachedprogram. ..but without sound at T39....sound starts at T33/32. I run such a "binked" - exe at t39 and after that, at T33 i play some mp3s during setup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users