Xp Mce & Xp Mce 2004

hi! i have xp mce w/ sp1 integrated. i also have the mce 2004 disc which contains the update and wmp9 w/ some fixes. is there anyway that i can create a single disc out of the two? how? and can i integrate xp sp2 after that?

Right now, if it is possible, install the 2004 disc. Then install the XP SP2 update (since MCE 2004 came out before the SP2 release). Then, after that, I would worry about integrating the discs.

Right now, if it is possible, install the 2004 disc. Then install the XP SP2 update (since MCE 2004 came out before the SP2 release). Then, after that, I would worry about integrating the discs.

Actually, none of that needs to be done. But the process of integrating the two is really a pain to do, the cab file must be re-created exactly how the Integrated SP2 cd expects (which in itself is a pain, since the update cds are actually missing a lot of the video files that are part of the full version of MCE 2004). You can either extract both the original MEDIACTR.CAB file, the updates found on the MCE 2004 Update cd, and the new files from the SP2 network download (to get those files you must run the servicepack.exe with the "-x" command or use WinRAR to extract all the files, then EACH file needs to be unpacked); or you can take the easy route and just get Windows XP Media Center 2005.

All in all, it's really not worth the effort and time to do all of it (since you can get a full retail copy of MCE 2004 and just integrate that, or buy MCE 2005).

If you really want, I can post the full set of instructions, but I can't right now, I'm not infront of the computer that I did it on (so I can't tell you exactly how to do it).