Removing Both Media Players + Codecs...

jmbattle

Two things about WM1Lite:

1- latest package extracts each needed file, then registers msdxm.ocx and then says "impossible to load C:\WIN\SYSTEM32\dxmasf.dll". Package is not corrupted (checked with 7z) and the file is present in SYSTEM32.

During installation, after having registered wmvsdecd.dll, it says "impossible to find a symbol : DllRegisterServer" and then "Error in the creation : C:\Programs\Multimédia\WMLite11\uninstall.exe". However, if I create the folder myself there is no problem. I guess it is not created by the installer.

2-There is nothing in \WMLite11 !

Only the uninstaller. It would be better to add uninstall.exe in SYSTEM32 or Windows with a name like "uninstallWMLite11.exe" and not to ask the user choose a folder that is not used in fact.

Also, it is still not working on my computer (XP has been reinstalled). I am running XP SP1a. Could it be the reason ?

• 4 weeks later...

Newest Quicktime Alternative 1.71 now contains newest QuickTime codecs 7.0.4.80 for compatibility with 64-bit systems. Also the QuickTime DirectShow filter has been replaced for a newer one.

@titou2k: instead of creating wmlite11, can you please fix WMLite10?

it's not silent installer anymore... also tried with a ini file (used the Qtlite as example, renaming it to WMLite10.ini, same name as WMLite10.exe, and renaming the part [QTLite] to [WMLite10].

Doesn't work...still get a manual installer setup!

EDIT: both WMLite10 exe and ini should be named: WMLite.exe! Then it works.

Can you please rename the file on your site? its called "WMLite10 202.1.0.2.exe".

Edited by ZileXa

• 3 weeks later...

titou2k: Thanks alot for your hard work. Your pack is one of the first things that i run after a reinstall.

I wonder trough if there's a way to implement the MTP protocol with your windows media player lite? i recently got a MTP device (zen vision m) and i'd like to avoid installing WMP10 as much as possible.. (so far, the only solution was installing the full blown wmp10. -Ive removed all things WMP related on my nlited install btw)

I'd greatly appreciate any help on this topic.

• 2 weeks later...
i added WMLite.ini and WMLite11.ini

The .exe files don't need to be name WMLite.exe or WMLite11.exe, only the .ini files.

I have edited the ini files to how I want the packages to install, but I am unsure what to do with the files now so they will install silently.. do I simply execute the ini file instead of the exe file as below?

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D "WMlite 10" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\apps\WMLite.ini" /f

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

too bad titou2k doesn't update his ReaLite and QTLite players anymore.

Luckely there are also Real & Quicktime Alternative Lite versions available.

But I trust titou2k's installers more.. they are also a bit smaller.

@Marlby23: Why not use Winamp for your MP3 player? It supports your MTP player!

see my link for a nice winamp below :)

Edited by ZileXa